Home

Reserve NHL 11 and Receive Exclusive In-Game 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack

This is a discussion on Reserve NHL 11 and Receive Exclusive In-Game 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Reserve NHL 11 and Receive Exclusive In-Game 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack

If I recall, on the Tiger Woods game they make it so if you buy the max stats you're stuck with a bunny outfit or some type of outfit. Why not put that into NHL, if you buy the gear it's just really goofy looking... oh wait, that's already happening.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Reserve NHL 11 and Receive Exclusive In-Game 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack

Yeah the gold boosts make it look like you were pissed on.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #19
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
I bought some boost stuff last year just to be able to keep up, this year, I bloody well refuse, as do all my EASHL team (there's 8+ people who bought some of this crap last year and refuse to do so this year)

Hint EA: How about putting out crowd chant packs, new arenas (winter classic) and stuff for down-loadable content instead of this BULLCRAP BOOSTING STUFF
Sadly, this has nothing to do with the devs and everything to do with some marketing shmuk. And I'll admit, I am totally an enabler. I bought a whole whack-load of boosted equipment last year, both for my skater and goalie. I just don't have the time to unlock this stuff and playing on a top team, I needed to keep up with my glitching competition.

As sad as it is, I'll probably buy a ton of stuff again this year
Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I guess this means boosts are in again this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if they made more money off boost sales than they did with actual the game.

I hope there is at least a league to play in that is boost free, because the camo gear and all that other crap really ruined a lot of the fun factor that was in NHL 09.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

I'm just hoping they have some Disco Ball themed equipment so I can dazzle my opponents with a blinding display of light, causing them to miss the glitch shots.

Really though, if they had a 3-slot hairpiece so I could play with no helmet, I would definitely buy that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #22
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Yep, its junk for the kiddies but be glad its there. Kid sales make the cash registers ring and keep the games coming. Why do you think the PC version was first put on the backburner with cheesy ports, then uncerimoniously dumped altogether? Not enough profits because of the lack of Mommy & Daddy buying buying a PC game for little Timmy. The arcade aspects have to be there to keep the games coming....its part of the program.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
Hint EA: How about putting out crowd chant packs, new arenas (winter classic) and stuff for down-loadable content instead of this BULLCRAP BOOSTING STUFF
BAM!

I would GLADLY give EA more money for additional commentary packs, additional arena music, additional crowd chants, historical players, etc.

If it amplifies the game EXPERIENCE then I'm all for it.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #24
Rookie

Tonsoffun's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
Yep, its junk for the kiddies but be glad its there. Kid sales make the cash registers ring and keep the games coming. Why do you think the PC version was first put on the backburner with cheesy ports, then uncerimoniously dumped altogether? Not enough profits because of the lack of Mommy & Daddy buying buying a PC game for little Timmy. The arcade aspects have to be there to keep the games coming....its part of the program.
EA now has no competition with 2k pretty much out. They will get their profit, even without boosts. NHL 09 was far and away the best sports game in 2009, and there were no boosts, no packs. If it worked then, it would work NOW, especially since there's no competition. They will get their money. Now they are just milking it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »