Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'm disappointed in what they did with Gus Johnson. Really disappointed. Why does it sound so out of place?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

It would seem what they've done is kept the exact same commentary coding from last year, and simply switched the voices from Hammond to Johnson. Listen to it, it's the exact same structure as last year
Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I actually kinda miss the radio guy. Can EA still tweak the commentary or is this how it will be when it hits retail?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
yea that commentary is attrocious. there's not setting up of plays or any comment until rb makes a move or qb throws the ball let's hope the commentary is not final retail version, but since it's EA im sure it is. Really EA how do you F*** up Gus Johnson?? And it still amazes me that im waiting what now at least 5 or 6 years for onwer mode on next gen?? and really i gotta wait till next year to get a franchise mode revamp? so instead of working on that you get gus johnson and spend plenty of time and resources on making the commentary worse?? Bravo EA, BRAVO you truly have outdone yourselves......
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4
Commentary is awful. Game play so and boring...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #14

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
It would seem what they've done is kept the exact same commentary coding from last year, and simply switched the voices from Hammond to Johnson. Listen to it, it's the exact same structure as last year
It's rough. I think some has changed to allow the coordinator to talk and not get mixed in with Gus. Overall the presentation doesn't seem to have an identity. You see the NFL teams but you don't have this sense that it's an NFL production.

I was thinking a real broadcast feel would have the NFL disclaimer at the beginning and end with a disclaimer at the end. That may sound silly, but building it right from the beginning would set things up nicely. "the following is a presentation of the National Football League..." and then go right into something like, "Hello everyone and welcome to today's matchup between the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets. We welcome you to Dolphin stadium, and now let's go to Gus Johnson and Chris Collinsworth for today's game."

The commentary needs to commentate. Things are happening and there should be someone there to respond to it. Right now it feels like they "got Gus Johnson" and that's it.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was dumbfounded when I heard that commentary and I'm glad others here agree. I think the problem is that Gus talks like everything is exciting. I remember watching an interview with him a few months ago where he was talking how much passion he put into the game. The passion shows....just too much if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

man...they really need to become friends with the guys at 2k sports. if the commentary in this game could sound anything like it is in the recent NBA 2K games with Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg, this could turn out a lot better. I guess we have to assume this demo is not a chunk of the final game though. There's no way they can allow the final product to sound like that. Though it would be highly questionable and possibly detrimental to their sales for them to put a demo out that sounds that bad as well.

by the way...how come they never set up the start of a play with their commentary? where is the "Manning comes out in the shotgun, 3rd down and long from the 42 yard line"? Did they do this in Madden 10 or any previous madden games? I honestly can't remember. I feel like thats the first part of sports commentary 101, is to set up the start of a play.

Last edited by lilgame06; 07-16-2010 at 06:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »