Home

Konami Unveils All New Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Trailer, Screenshots and Features

This is a discussion on Konami Unveils All New Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Trailer, Screenshots and Features within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Konami Unveils All New Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Trailer, Screenshots and Feature

The positioning of the on screen passing meter is downright brutal.

Seems near impossible to get a video game these days that doesn't have some horrible design decision or implementation.

Poor implementation I can understand... Coding is hard, etc... But poor initial design is another story all together... No excuse for it, even with the pressures of the industry.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Konami Unveils All New Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Trailer, Screenshots and Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
The positioning of the on screen passing meter is downright brutal.

Seems near impossible to get a video game these days that doesn't have some horrible design decision or implementation.

Poor implementation I can understand... Coding is hard, etc... But poor initial design is another story all together... No excuse for it, even with the pressures of the industry.
How do you figure? In the vids I have seen it's underneath the player and not very intrusive at all. It looks like they have put the fatigue bar over the player. I have more issues with that but you can always turn that off.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #19
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Was one of the bars the fatigue meter? I wondered why there were two in some instances. At any rate, not a big deal and easily overlooked if the game is good.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
How do you figure?
It's a poor design decision because it interferes with the perception that the user should have, and that is of one that he or she is playing soccer. Having that on screen visual where it is, so blatantly in the picture and so obvious, instead gives you the feeling that you are filling up a meter...

In short, it uh... How shall I say it... Breaks the flow.

If you're going to put it anywhere put it on the bottom of the screen, so it can be seen using peripheral vision, and still give you the feel that you are playing soccer.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #21
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
If you're going to put it anywhere put it on the bottom of the screen, so it can be seen using peripheral vision, and still give you the feel that you are playing soccer.
But that's part of the reason they placed it with the player, so you don't have to look away from the action to see it. It creates more immersion, not less. And you can turn it off if it bothers you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
But that's part of the reason they placed it with the player, so you don't have to look away from the action to see it. It creates more immersion, not less. And you can turn it off if it bothers you.
It's not a question of whether or not it bothers me, it's a question of good design.

If it was placed at the bottom of the screen, and made large enough to be seen using peripheral vision, it would serve the function of allowing the user to get a feel for passing... Without it being intrusive and disrupting the perception that a soccer game is going on...

Sorta like FIFA has theirs, no? If memory serves me right FIFA has a long skinny bar in the lower corner for their passing meter.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #23
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
It's not a question of whether or not it bothers me, it's a question of good design.

If it was placed at the bottom of the screen, and made large enough to be seen using peripheral vision, it would serve the function of allowing the user to get a feel for passing... Without it being intrusive and disrupting the perception that a soccer game is going on...

Sorta like FIFA has theirs, no? If memory serves me right FIFA has a long skinny bar in the lower corner for their passing meter.
And FIFA also has the option to turn one on that is over the players head as well....which I know many people prefer because it's less obtrusive and allows you to keep you eye on the action instead of a large bar placed at the bottom of the screen. It is good design and should work well to keep your eyes focused where they should be, on the action...instead of a large bar covering up the action at the bottom of the screen.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #24
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Games looks incredibly good...can't wait to see more of it.

That pass for a goal by Italy in the clip vs. Portugal was amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »