Home

Fight Night Champion Revealed with 2 Screenshots, To Be Released in 2011

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Revealed with 2 Screenshots, To Be Released in 2011 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fight Night Champion Revealed, To Be Released in 2011

I'm just pleased that we are getting another Fight Night within a year, still play FNR4 with my buddy weekly and am looking forward to the new innovations

Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
Yea hopefully that's what it is but i am expecting something EXTREMELY cheesy which is what we always get from EA...
When I first read it I thought of the scripted documentary style career mode that PrizeFighter had. I hope that's not the case.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

This game needs to focus on individual player movement in the ring imo more than anything. There was really no effective way to move in and out of space of your opponent. Everybody lumbered in and out the same way....garbage. Terrible footwork..but good looking game.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Like I been a fan of "Fight Night" into Round 4 wasn't really feeling the fighting system. But I hope they go back to the old fighting system on "Fight Night Round 2" even tho they had a lot of bugs in the game "Fight Night Round 2" was the best boxing game.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Fight Night Champion Revealed with 2 Screenshots, To Be Released in 2011

Here's to hoping that this new FN can take a large leap forward similar to the strides NCAA made this year.

The locomotion and physics engine and the new punching system along with the revamped Career Mode have me intrigued...cautiously intrigued though.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I know this isn't a big deal but why the name change to "Champion" and not "Round 5"? At first I thought this was a spin-off or something like that and not the direct sequel to Round 4.

Anyways, looks nice graphically as always. Hopefully they fix up all the issues from Round 4 and make a really nice Career Mode (minus the horrible weight class freezing bug that screwed me over). It would also be nice if I didn't get screwed on buying new fighters like I did last year. I want my 100-something MS points back!

Also I'm surprised that they announced this game so early considering it's not coming out until next year. At the earliest we're still 6 months away from the game coming out, if it were to come out in January.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I know this isn't a big deal but why the name change to "Champion" and not "Round 5"? At first I thought this was a spin-off or something like that and not the direct sequel to Round 4.

Anyways, looks nice graphically as always. Hopefully they fix up all the issues from Round 4 and make a really nice Career Mode (minus the horrible weight class freezing bug that screwed me over). It would also be nice if I didn't get screwed on buying new fighters like I did last year. I want my 100-something MS points back!

Also I'm surprised that they announced this game so early considering it's not coming out until next year. At the earliest we're still 6 months away from the game coming out, if it were to come out in January.
the blog said they figured they would change the name now rather than run out of rounds later, they probably could have done better than champion tho

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #16

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Most of all the title needs to imply newness and freshness. Especially a title that is every two years like Fight Night. Round 5 to me sounds too much like a sequel. It's good to get away from naming each title by round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »