Home

NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News

This is a discussion on NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Personally I would take great gameplay/physics/controls first, before worrying about Dynasty or other features.

I wouldn't mind playing single Season mode if the game was great. The rest can follow in years to come.
I totaly agree dynasty is not that important right now they need to focus on their priorities gameplay,graphics,physics and presentation, most likely they gonna focus on that next year after they get the important stuff out of the way
Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NLSC's Reactions to the NBA Elite 11 News

I hope most don't agree! Without a decent dynasty mode it's just a game more suited to versus. Who would want to play user vs. cpu exhibition games repeatedly or single seasons but never get anywhere. To me of the things you listed graphics is the one that can wait.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

to be completely honest, dynasty mode is something that i play every single year. That mode is very important and i hope that it would have been made over into something that is more realistic and fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
I hope most don't agree! Without a decent dynasty mode it's just a game more suited to versus. Who would want to play user vs. cpu exhibition games repeatedly or single seasons but never get anywhere. To me of the things you listed graphics is the one that can wait.
Me. I don't even care about dinasty mode. I don't have time to complete even a single year, because I don't like to simulate games. And I like to play with most of the teams, so I end up just playing exhibition games...

Obviously, I want all modes to be great, but it's not a big deal for me if this year they only improve gameplay and controls
Old 07-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©roke
Me. I don't even care about dinasty mode. I don't have time to complete even a single year, because I don't like to simulate games. And I like to play with most of the teams, so I end up just playing exhibition games...

Obviously, I want all modes to be great, but it's not a big deal for me if this year they only improve gameplay and controls
Actually I've never completed a dynasty myself, LOL. It's because you can't shorten the season down to 20+ or 50+ games and I too hate siming. One of the improvements I'd like to see is to be able to adjust the number of games played. Still, to me exhibition is pointless unless I am playing another human and the appeal of a season to me is to take a bad team and build them up so single season doesn't work for that. What I have done is sim'd the first season of dynasty and played the second after make roster changes but the recent live's gameplay is so repetitive that I usually quit that too and go to a different team to get a new experience.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
Actually I've never completed a dynasty myself, LOL. It's because you can't shorten the season down to 20+ or 50+ games and I too hate siming. One of the improvements I'd like to see is to be able to adjust the number of games played. Still, to me exhibition is pointless unless I am playing another human and the appeal of a season to me is to take a bad team and build them up so single season doesn't work for that. What I have done is sim'd the first season of dynasty and played the second after make roster changes but the recent live's gameplay is so repetitive that I usually quit that too and go to a different team to get a new experience.
That's why I play exhibition games, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©roke
That's why I play exhibition games, lol
LOL, I thought about that when I typed that last post! Really I could stand about 20-30 games w/the same team and if the playoffs then post season broke that up I could continue. Another problem I have is I am not a true fan of any particular team I just like... love good basketball, that keeps me from sticking to one team just because I want to make them better than they are IRL, so with the repetitive gameplay I just can't bare a long season. Fix the number of games part and that's no longer an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
That's a misrepresentation of his comments.

He expressed logical concern about other modes if they are going to heavily focus on physics and controls.
Thank you, that's exactly where I was coming from. I'm not suggesting that controls and physics aren't important; far from it. I just think that to be the best it can be, the game should be a well-rounded product and deliver on all fronts. Granted, I'm also a Dynasty geek so it tends to be one of the first things I think about but my concern was "Can this be addressed as well?" rather than "Can this be address instead"?

I'm definitely not unpleasable nor biased against EA's basketball offerings. I wouldn't be running an NBA Live/Elite fansite if I was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »