Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #161
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
In this photo, Pippen has a small tattoo in one of his arms. MJ has a tattoo as well. Not sure how many actually know that... Anyway he has a horseshoe tattoo on his chest.
I believe MJ had no tattoo whatsoever in his Bulls days. Maybe he got it in recent years, but still don't think so.

watch from 5:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrRc...eature=related

That locker room scene is from the 1998 season...no tatoo on the chest (have the vid on DVD too).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #162
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Youvalss, can you PLEASE get on top of a mountain with a microphone and say this?!

I'm not saying this is MJ2K11, but if this was all about YOUR classic team, MY classic team, HIS classic team, THEIR classic team, etc, they would've had about 5 Hall of Famers on the cover. This is The Jordan Challenge, not The Hall of Fame Challenge. Is it that hard to understand? I know some people want Houston, Phoenix, Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn Dodgers, Jim Brown's Cleveland Browns, Wayne Gretzky's Edmonton Oiler's and all others on the game, but give it a rest.

I know I sound like a jerk, but I don't mean to. I'm just saying Jordan's on the cover--not 10 Hall of Famers.

I'll quote just for emphasis. Kinda - no, REALLY getting tired of the "Why aren't the '98 Grizzlies in w/ Big Country Bryant Reeves?" posts.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #163
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
I believe MJ had no tattoo whatsoever in his Bulls days. Maybe he got it in recent years, but still don't think so.

That locker room scene is from the 1998 season...no tatoo on the chest (have the vid on DVD too).
I don't think he has a tat on his chest; I believe Jordan was branded on the chest the last time I saw it. He was branded with the Omega symbol because he's a Q, and it wasn't recently. He had it as early as '84.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I'll quote just for emphasis. Kinda - no, REALLY getting tired of the "Why aren't the '98 Grizzlies in w/ Big Country Bryant Reeves?" posts.
Right??? Why can't these people apprehend that concept.....um, because it's centered around MICHAEL JORDAN'S GREATEST MOMENTS because he's the cover athlete and greatest basketball player and all - and not Otis Thorpe and the 94 Rockets. If that dude on the 2K boards mentions the absence of the 94-95 Rockets one more freaking time, lol!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #165
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Lol. It's an Omega symbol. Jordan's a Q.
It's an omega horseshoe tattoo.

Quote:
Little known is he has a tattoo, an omega horseshoe above his left breast that he always was a bit sensitive about.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/jordan...ro_090821.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #166
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Tell me about it rangerrick!!

What about Harold Miner's Heat team?
Are the Bulls gonna have the black strap on their jersey from '92?
Is Pippen gonna have that zit on his lower left cheek?
Can we get the '84 76ers?
Is Tom Chambers going to have three beads of sweat on his nose?

No! No! No! No! No! C'mon guys...
Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #167
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

2K should just add a little note on the PS3/360 cover, saying:

"To be continued...in the PC version".

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #168
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11

Yes he did. He probably got it in 1986.

Quote:
In 1986 Jordan went through a six-week initiation period to join a national black fraternity, Omega Psi Phi. Omega is the third oldest black fraternity in the country and has 700 chapters nationwide that coordinate social, political and business activities. Among its 80,000 initiates, Omega counts such notables as Jesse Jackson, N.A.A.C.P. director Benjamin Hooks and Philadelphia's Mayor Wilson Goode. "It is another sort of community for me," says Jordan. "It is an organization made up of men who want to give something back to society." An omega tattoo on the left side of Jordan's chest symbolizes his commitment to the fraternity.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...6692-3,00.html

See the horseshoe tattoo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »