Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #169
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
I do believe it's a brand and not a tat. Don't believe that article. I've seen a pic of it.

We're discussing Jordan's body. It must be getting late because this is weird.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #170
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I do believe it's a brand and not a tat. Don't believe that article. I've seen a pic of it.

We're discussing Jordan's body. It must be getting late because this is weird.
Read what I wrote above. I provided links. It's a real tattoo. As real as it gets.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #171
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Read what I wrote above. I provided links. It's a real tattoo. As real as it gets.
I read it. But I saw it on tv. It comes out from his skin like a brand. I could provide a link to that too, but I saw it on a tv screen bigger than that pic. And I guess he was pledging to Omega in '86 after he left UNC...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #172
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
Marketing Jordan will work on the casual fans, who are the large customer base for 2K, but it isn't working for me. Classic teams, different era Jordans just seem like one big marketing ploy that will make the game remain stagnant.

OS users have been creating classic teams, players and in the case of PC gamers, jerseys and stadiums as well. What 2K is doing all bull ****, in my opinion.
I totally respect the fact that you're not at all impressed by the Jordan implementation. However, I'd have to politely disagree that this new feature is just something that's going to snag casual fans. I'd count myself not just as a real-deal NBA2K gamer, but also a basketball lifer, and that's exactly why I love the additions being made. I feel it will add a ton to the game, particularly from a depth perspective. I feel additions of things like classic teams (in addition to gameplay improvements of course) is exactly what keeps the game from not getting stagnant.

I have been eating up the Classic Teams downloads that PortlandBlazer has been providing for 360 users over the past couple of years and I've loved the work he's put in. If he were to create more full rosters this year (2K11), I'd still download them. However, through no fault of his own, his creations are not in the same ballpark of having real authentic lineups, audio name recognition, retro signature styles, court art, some arenas, and professional nods to great moments in NBA history. In fact, I even love the fact they added short shorts, as it could legitimize a lot of user made rosters (alongside the game provided rosters).

As a non-casual fan, this Jordan/Classics news does a ton for me.

Last edited by VDusen04; 07-24-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #173
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

I'd much rather stay on topic (sorry mods), but...

"Many people watching this year's NCAA Final Four tournament caught sight of the big horseshoe-shaped scar on the left arm of University of North Carolina point guard Shammond Williams. Michael Jordan's brand, hidden on his chest, is more discreet. Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith sported a brand on his left arm for a 1993 cover of Sports Illustrated. Other folks have Greek letters melted into their calves or seared into their forearms."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ures/brand.htm

I could provide more but I want to keep this on topic. Many Q's get branded, and I don't care what the internet says: a brand isn't the same as a tat. I know plenty of people with tats who wouldn't dare get branded. Just sayin.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #174
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
2K should just add a little note on the PS3/360 cover, saying:

"To be continued...in the PC version".
That's right my man...and you know it
Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #175
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I'd much rather stay on topic (sorry mods), but...

"Many people watching this year's NCAA Final Four tournament caught sight of the big horseshoe-shaped scar on the left arm of University of North Carolina point guard Shammond Williams. Michael Jordan's brand, hidden on his chest, is more discreet. Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith sported a brand on his left arm for a 1993 cover of Sports Illustrated. Other folks have Greek letters melted into their calves or seared into their forearms."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ures/brand.htm

I could provide more but I want to keep this on topic. Many Q's get branded, and I don't care what the internet says: a brand isn't the same as a tat. I know plenty of people with tats who wouldn't dare get branded. Just sayin.
That's why I never saw it...being a brand...and one made in the 80's, it looks like a minor scar on Jordan's chest in comparison to today's brands.

Now back on-topic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 AM   #176
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
That's why I never saw it...being a brand...and one made in the 80's, it looks like a minor scar on Jordan's chest in comparison to today's brands.

Now back on-topic
Actually that's a good way to put it--it does look like a scar. But the article mentions Shammond Williams' brand, and if MJ's looks like a minor scar, then Shammond's is major. I saw some when I was in college that made me turn away. Eeeew. But like MJ's, some were minor and cool.

But yeah, back on topic:

I can't believe I'm sayin this, but in a weird way I DON'T want any of the classic Bulls teams to be on the demo. I want to wait to play with them on the finished product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »