Home

FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Hands On Preview within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: FIFA 11 Hands On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by made in eu
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" David Rutter has the answer : " I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you're playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you're playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know; a) because it sounds authentic, and b) because it also helps people understand what they're seeing. So if you're not a strong football fan, if you don't know who Huddleston is for example, and you don't know why he's good at some things and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that's a big part of what we're trying to achieve."
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-...ure-15499.html
Thanks for that news. Commentary is very important and this will help new or casual soccer fans.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by made in eu
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" David Rutter has the answer : " I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you're playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you're playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know; a) because it sounds authentic, and b) because it also helps people understand what they're seeing. So if you're not a strong football fan, if you don't know who Huddleston is for example, and you don't know why he's good at some things and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that's a big part of what we're trying to achieve."
http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-11/feature-15499.html
It's been on mute both times I've played it so far so that will be interesting to see if it works right.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Alot of interesting points brought up. Can't wait for this game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
Rookie

JBlaze420's Arena

OVR: 0

I was just thinkin, it would be cool if you could have up to four people messing around in the arena on like an empty net with 4 balls...maybe its too much to handle but it was just a thought
Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Thanks for the news!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
any chance for sliders???
Don't think it's happening this year.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4
"But, if I'm just playing a random game with a buddy, how will I know which player that is during a particular game?" I'm not sure how much contact you have with developers, or how often they look for ideas here but to me it seems that a simple "Impact Players" screen while waiting for the game to load instead of the arena would sort this problem out. Even if it does only show 2 players per team at most, you still would know who to look for and if the impact players changed from game to game with the use of a team (depending on how many players a team had that were deemed impact players) you could learn the core of the team in 2-3 games with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah but say your managing FC Seoul or something. Just about every player in the K-League have either A) the same sounding last name, B) several names, or C) very hard to pronounce so by passing to a midfielder and having the commentator say something about him it will make it easy to remember that your LM has a good long shot or something.

I think it will be situational like if you try and do a skill move or run down the length of the pitch it will give you a hint that the player is a good/bad dribbler or has good/bad stamina/sprint speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »