Home

No Demo For F1 2010

This is a discussion on No Demo For F1 2010 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: No Demo For F1 2010

No demo that I have played has yet to even come close to a finished product.

Day 1 purchase for me either way

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
I'm not concerned with whether or not I'm "pushing" them by not buying it on day one. I'm making sure I'm not wasting my 60 bucks.. it's that simple.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Good thing you guys were not gaming in the late 80's and 90's when there was no such thing as a demo. Still a day one purchase for me. No worries at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 AM   #12
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't care about demos. When it comes out, I will buy it as soon as I can, or wait until Christmas......
Old 07-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

That's all well and good, but they could cut a demo after release and it won't affect their production time. Sorry, but I don't buy it. It can't be that hard to pick a track, put a single car on it and let us race a 2 lap race. Racing games have got to be one of the easiest games to put out a demo for. A completely static track and some cars.

I'm on the fence, so I will probably wait for a rental. Between Test Drive, Fallout: NV, GT5, and EA's MMA game I won't be hurting for stuff to play. Probably just wait about a year and buy it when it's $20 here in the US. I don't see an F1 game selling very well here, no matter who makes it.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Good thing you guys were not gaming in the late 80's and 90's when there was no such thing as a demo. Still a day one purchase for me. No worries at all.
I did game in the late 80's and so forth. You're first sentence reminds me of my grandpa telling me about the good ole days. Guess what, back in the 80's and 90's I didn't buy or get to try nearly as many games as now. Even when I had my own money starting in the early/mid 90's. Why? Because even then, I wouldn't just waste some money on a game I haven't played.

Anyway, it's 2010, so it's irrelevant. Sorry, but give us a single track and car and let us run a 10 mintue qualifying race. That's probably a 600mb file tops. Glad you aren't worried, but Codemasters racing games are floaty and arcady and while that's fine for XGames dirt racers and fantasy sports car series, i don't want a floaty F1 game.

I don't want or need a demo that's represetative of the entire game. I want to know how it drives which is all that really matters in a racing game. GT5:P is my favorite racing game ever. It's "career" mode is absolute poop, it's online is even more poop, but I can spend hours shaving fractions of a second off my lap times in London driving my 05 GTi. While the career mode in F1 is looking cool, it doesn't matter if the driving is off.

Last edited by sleepychicken; 07-24-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #15
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

Agreed, an f1 game is pointless unless the control of the car is where it needs to be, F1CE was a good game but the control was not good for the small adjustments needed in an f1 car there was a delay or too much dead zone for the wheel and pedals, so im not buying another f1 console game without trying the driving model first cos without being absolutely in touch with the track and car its pointless for me , you can make it look as amazing as you want and it is amazing looking but is it all for naught? Lets hope not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
I did game in the late 80's and so forth. You're first sentence reminds me of my grandpa telling me about the good ole days. Guess what, back in the 80's and 90's I didn't buy or get to try nearly as many games as now. Even when I had my own money starting in the early/mid 90's. Why? Because even then, I wouldn't just waste some money on a game I haven't played.

Anyway, it's 2010, so it's irrelevant. Sorry, but give us a single track and car and let us run a 10 mintue qualifying race. That's probably a 600mb file tops. Glad you aren't worried, but Codemasters racing games are floaty and arcady and while that's fine for XGames dirt racers and fantasy sports car series, i don't want a floaty F1 game.

I don't want or need a demo that's represetative of the entire game. I want to know how it drives which is all that really matters in a racing game. GT5:P is my favorite racing game ever. It's "career" mode is absolute poop, it's online is even more poop, but I can spend hours shaving fractions of a second off my lap times in London driving my 05 GTi. While the career mode in F1 is looking cool, it doesn't matter if the driving is off.
My point is just because its 2010 does not automatically mean there will be a demo, and I'll take the high road and ignore the "grandpa" comment. Yes, I'm aware of Codemasters efforts with Dirt and Grid and they're "floaty" handling models, but they never intended those games to be sim. If I recall correctly, the Toca Series made by Codemasters, which included F1 cars, was really good and not arcadey. I would love a demo for F1 as well but it's not the end of the world for me that there will not be one. Gamefly could be your friend for this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »