Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Gameplanning 101 (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Gameplanning 101 (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #9
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Gameplanning 101 (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Don't most teams (Those that do, do this) only script the first 10 or so plays? I would think the weight system would do the trick. I guess I'm just confuse as to the benefit of having plays called in a particular order.

i think its somewhere around the first 30 plays, but who knows.

anyway i dont know what to think about gameflow. i would have to use it with the eagles and only after getting to know certain plays that i like

Old 07-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

From the DEMO, i still find the "ASK MADDEN" feature with its 3 suggestions more closely resembling real life than Gameflow and its "Mystery" play once you break the huddle.

But i feel i need more time with this feature to make a solid ruling...A gameplanning feature has been something i have begged for since like Madden 02 honestly, so i want to spend solid time with it to see if its worth a damn. Ask Madden makes some questionable playcalls, but so do coaches....
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Don't most teams (Those that do, do this) only script the first 10 or so plays? I would think the weight system would do the trick. I guess I'm just confuse as to the benefit of having plays called in a particular order.
Some plays are meant to be run in sequence. Do you think Play Action is more effective on the opening drive, or after the offense has run the ball at the defense 12 times for 70 yards?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
From the DEMO, i still find the "ASK MADDEN" feature with its 3 suggestions more closely resembling real life than Gameflow and its "Mystery" play once you break the huddle.

But i feel i need more time with this feature to make a solid ruling...A gameplanning feature has been something i have begged for since like Madden 02 honestly, so i want to spend solid time with it to see if its worth a damn. Ask Madden makes some questionable playcalls, but so do coaches....
If you set up a Gameplan and then use "Ask Madden" it uses the plays from your gameplan.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9
gameflow/gameplan is ok, but a bit cheesy....There aren't enough strategy options that i see so far...Just a repackaging of playcalling...demo looke dgoo dtho..I threw a TD pass with manning that had the WR really doing a great horizontal leap that i have never seen done that well before in madden..Overall, it is a step forward...What i woul dREALLY like to see is the eabilty to gameplan for my opponents to som edegree...Programming the entire league's playbooks..This would be good for regular play, and GREAT for coach mode and viewing mode....also, you could download other players gameplan sets for teams...that might be cool to play against
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
My main complaint about game-planning is that I cannot setup the order in which plays are called. Hopefully that's rectified next year. Otherwise, I enjoy the feature.
do you know if we can we set up gameplans for all 32 teams in franchise mode?

i ask because if yes, then I'd make sure those double corner blitzes rarely (if ever) see the light of day from any defense in my franchise mode.

just curious
Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
If you set up a Gameplan and then use "Ask Madden" it uses the plays from your gameplan.
If this is a fact, then that is extremely awesome.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
do you know if we can we set up gameplans for all 32 teams in franchise mode?

i ask because if yes, then I'd make sure those double corner blitzes rarely (if ever) see the light of day from any defense in my franchise mode.

just curious
Yes, you can, but I wouldn't do so defensively. They're not situational.

They'll play you the same way each time you line up with 4 wide, for instance, regardless of its 1st and 10 or 3rd and 20.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »