Home

NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN)

IGN has just posted their NBA 2K11 preview, as well as some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Physical play (bodies jostling in the post or when a player drives to the lane) is getting an overhaul this year as well. If you played last year's FIFA game from EA Sports, you'll know what to expect from NBA 2K11. In other words, you're always able to have a sense of control even if your player is bumping into someone else on the court. No matter the collision, the goal of the development team is to ensure that players always feel like they're in control of their player's weight and momentum. I didn't get a chance to get a feel for the feature yet, but I'll be sure to dive a bit deeper the next time I get my hands on the game.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, there are a lot of gameplay changes in NBA 2K11. Far too many to be dished out in a single preview. Rest assured, if you were someone who hated the feeling of being out of control in last year's game, you shouldn't have that problem with NBA 2K11. From spin moves that branch into one-armed pump fakes to those that end in jump shots to dribble animations that can branch into any number of moves, 2K11 seems to have really nailed the look and feel of the NBA with the gameplay revisions."
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360

Last edited by blues rocker; 07-29-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Re: IGN PREVIEW UP

yes! Mike Wang brought over the direct pass reciever control mechanic from Live 10:

"While dribbling was no-doubt a huge focus for the development team at 2K Sports, the passing game has seen a similar number of refinements. Total Control Passing, a feature that made its debut in NBA Live 10, is being brought to NBA 2K11. Simply hold the right shoulder button and you'll be presented with the typical icon passing prompts, then you'll need to either press or hold a player's button to get him the ball. Pressing it will pass it instantly while holding it will allow you to control that player manually until the button is released, at which the point the pass will be made."

now I can make my receiver cut offball however I want.

Last edited by blues rocker; 07-29-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Good article, but absolutely terrible images. Game doesn't look changed much.

That intro with the Heat starting 5 looks like a great presentation intro...nice touch.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

That intro with the Heat starting 5 looks like a great presentation intro...nice touch.
i kinda agree wit u...like on the heat starting 5 lebron's shoulder's still look a little too wide but i can tell the difference between his shoulder's and dwades shoulders which are not as bulky and also on the brandon jennings image his player model looks more on point imo but overall the images looked...ok....i was just expecting....more
Old 07-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

images are obviously raw and haven't been run through the "photoshop department." you can see jaggies and whatnot. I'm sure the graphics will be about the same as last year with maybe some minor improvements to player models. the previously released jordan and lebron images were obviously photoshopped before being released.

looks like they FINALLY fixed the razor sharp elbows on the player models. all the players had super pointy elbows in previous versions...you could cut glass with those bad boys.

Last edited by blues rocker; 07-29-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Sounds great. Everything mentioned sounded great .

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

that was a good read...i look forward to more info....
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Gameplay sounds great. I like the changes done to the passing game, I'm sure a lot of you guys are going to love the fake passes. Help counter those players that love going for steals.

Graphics aren't very good but they never are when 2k first releases the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »