Home

NHL 11 Chat: Gameplay Enhancements & Quick Clips - Hustle Button Announced

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Chat: Gameplay Enhancements & Quick Clips - Hustle Button Announced within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 11 Chat: Gameplay Enhancements & Quick Clips - Hustle Button Announced

I wonder if you can use both speed burst and push puck with the puck then.. so.. I could tap hustle three times, THEN push puck and my guy would be going REALLY fast!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #18
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
No...they said in the chat that the 'push puck speed burst' is still in.
Ok, yeah just got finished reading the full chat transcript.

I like the idea but not the implementation. 3 clicks seems 2 too many for a technique you shouldn't be using a whole lot. Would rather you click it once and the player's acceleration rating takes care of the rest. I mean with 3 clicks your basically saying a player has 4 or 5 different gears of speed.

1st gear - skating slow on purpose with the analog stick
2nd gear - skating as fast as you can with the analog stick
3rd gear - 1 click
4th gear - 2 clicks
5th gear - 3 clicks

I'm all for more options, but this is kind of over-complicating the idea of speed. The analog gives you good enough precision without needing levels. We've come this far, getting rid of a dedicated speed burst button, is rapidly pressing a button really necessary. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game regardless, just don't quite understand what they were shooting for here...

Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Ok, yeah just got finished reading the full chat transcript.

I like the idea but not the implementation. 3 clicks seems 2 too many for a technique you shouldn't be using a whole lot. Would rather you click it once and the player's acceleration rating takes care of the rest. I mean with 3 clicks your basically saying a player has 4 or 5 different gears of speed.

1st gear - skating slow on purpose with the analog stick
2nd gear - skating as fast as you can with the analog stick
3rd gear - 1 click
4th gear - 2 clicks
5th gear - 3 clicks

I'm all for more options, but this is kind of over-complicating the idea of speed. The analog gives you good enough precision without needing levels. We've come this far, getting rid of a dedicated speed burst button, is rapidly pressing a button really necessary. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game regardless, just don't quite understand what they were shooting for here...
I think you would only use it sparingly as it should fatigue your player in like 15 seconds.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I especially liked the look of the puck physic video.

I hoping the new puck physic help to lesson the too perfect nature of past games. Ie, pucks that will be less glued to the players stick. And passes that can be a bit more difficult to handle etc...

Can't wait for 9/7.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
i'm delighted about the inclusion of changable faceoff formations. This is something i've wanted for a long time and didn't expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I think you would only use it sparingly as it should fatigue your player in like 15 seconds.
Remember, it's just a short burst that gets you from Point A to Point B. As they said in the chat, you don't want to use it unless you're going in a straight line really... that is a breakaway, a backcheck, forechecking hard, trying to split the defense, etc.

It's not like you click the sticks to enter different speeds (1 click adds +2 to your speed rating, nothing like that) it just gives your skater some extra "oomph" for I believe only a few seconds in order to get to a loose puck. Also remember this fatigues your skater like you said, so you are actually a bit slower after using this "hustle" button (though I think it's more like a sprint button to be honest). This way your endurance attribute finally matters in OTP this year.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
i'm delighted about the inclusion of changable faceoff formations. This is something i've wanted for a long time and didn't expect.
Wow I missed that, awesome!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #24
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Niceeeeeeee...
Looks really sweet.

However I must say that in the check against the board I think there is just no puck physics at all.
The fella with the puck is just about to shove the puck along the boards with his backhand, but when the d-man hits him, it's like the animation halts and the puck just stops there.
The puck should've kept sliding along the ice imo.

And the puck physics video... Hmmm... It's hard to tell since it's in slow motion, but like someone already mentioned the puck doesn't seem to have any weight from what I can see. The d-man hits the puck with a light one-handed backhand, and the puck goes into orbit?

But overall, god I want this game right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »