Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Strategy Pad Update

Good now maybe everyone can stop complaining about this even tho it was never that big of a deal anyways. I will use the strategy pad since it makes sense an is incredible easy to use.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Personally I think it takes less time to memorize how to get out of an audible you "accidentally" got into than it does to memorize this new way to make audibles with the strategy pad. Actually I bet there will be an even MORE staggering amount of numbers with more delay of games and people in the middle of making an audibe when the ball is snapped (for defense) with the strategy pad than the previous way.

But anyways that's all irrelevant now as we will have the option for the old way to make audibles. Thanks! Now I won't get too confused when switching between NCAA and Madden.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Glad they are going back to the old way. Now everyone who hated the strategy pad, can go back to the other version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the strat pad is a nice new change and something different for the Madden vets like myself. I think it wouldn't be as bad if we didnt have to click a direction to get into the strat pad options. It causes confusion because before the play starts you have to hit a direction just to bring up the options and then after you do one adjustment you no longer have to hit the extra button because the options are already up. So it makes it harder to memorize the pre-snap combos and we end up doing adjustments we don't want because of the limited time we have and the longer period it takes to do pre-snap adjustments now.

My opinion for the fix is to just get rid of having to press a directional button just to open up the options... It would save time and cause less confusion.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad

All that is sound reasoning. I'm a bit surprised that both methods aren't optional, but there you go.

I think the underlying problem is that the CPU snaps the ball very quickly most of the time, which doesn't give you a chance for adjustments.

I won't get into it any more than that really.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33

My opinion for the fix is to just get rid of having to press a directional button just to open up the options... It would save time and cause less confusion.
I'd like that too, but then would people incorrectly bring up the wrong adjustment sub-menu? I would definitely personally like not having to "activate" it
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

The issue is and always has been about options. Something so fundamentally tied to gameplay for most vets should not be taken away altogether. I can understand the teams reasoning based on the argument they presented - but I just think they failed to realize the importance of this issue mentally with the die hards. Kind of like Coca Cola's decision to go with a new formula - that didn't work out to well either.

I am happy again. Thanks Madden team - maybe you are not so bad after all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

It's strange how Ian mentioned that there'd be no way to display all the controls without some intrusive GUI, but in NCAA 11, they easily solved that issue by making it so the user can hide it with one button press. If they need it, it's there. If not, it's not. Pretty simple. I hate the strat pad and also hate that I'll have to use it for the first few weeks until this gets update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »