Home

Backbreaker Adding to Legacy with Patch

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Adding to Legacy with Patch within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Backbreaker Adding to Legacy with Patch

To anyone who read my Backbreaker Review, you know I've royally trashed the game's quality in the past. But I've also tried to remain consistent with the game being a lasting lesson to sports game developers that there is a different approach than the 'God-angle' many of the games have gone with in the past few years.

To truly simulate a sport, the best way to do so is to get you closer to the action, Backbreaker did just that. However, the game couldn't get the basic tenets of football down, so while the effort was to be honored -- it was still a very bad game at the end of the day.

Until today.

Backbreaker's patch, announced today, looks to completely change the game from the bottom up. The improvements will almost certainly take Backbreaker from a completely atrocious game to at least a somewhat passable game and possibly beyond that. However, what I feel the patch really does is leave a lasting legacy in the minds of gamers on how a company should handle the position of being in the wrong.

Read More - Backbreaker Adding to Legacy with Patch
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13
+1
It was one hell of a patch
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
I agree. it is amazing. I held onto the game to see what the patch would be bring. If it plays as good as it sounds it will be truly amazing.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
wow this is the GOD patch loll
Old 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Supporter

OVR: 22
Re: Backbreaker Adding to Legacy with Patch

Didn't read the blog because I think I can understand the premise of what was said in the excerpt from the first post. They could have came up with multiple excuses and did some serious scapegoating being that this was there first year and they could have hung their hat on producing the first football game with real time physics because we were told that it really wasn't possible (at least on the current gen consoles). They could have said that this game has too many problems and is not worth the headache, or they could have been unhappy with the sale figures, and mailed it in similar to what was done with NCAA Basketball 10' all the while leaving fans clamoring and wondering if the series is finish, but they showed confidence in their product, and have decided to stayed the course through the good and more importantly the bad. The patch and how extensive it is, definitely speaks volumes to me as a consumer, and gives me a sort of confidence in them that I didn't have before.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
The patch will be next summer "Backbreaker 2"
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
The patch will be next summer "Backbreaker 2"
WTF are you talking about?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
WTF are you talking about?

what i'm talking about is, good luck with a patch fixing that atrocious game. Nice show of support from the BB team, but that game is dead except for the few hundred diehards. I'll give BB2 another chance but it needs to go back in the oven. It was raw this time. I have to have it at least medium rare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »