Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA ELITE 11 TO
INCLUDE FREE* DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OF NBA JAM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 3, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

Last edited by 23; 08-03-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: BREAKING NEWS: NBA Jam to be bundled with NBA Elite 11!!!

Whoa that's a pretty big incentive.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

I wonder if they're planning on having Jam as a stand-alone release as well.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Jam to be bundled with NBA Elite 11!!!

This is GREAT news! I loved NBA Jam from the classic days, and we get 2 VERY GOOD looking titles for 60 bucks? Jam is retailing for $40. Awesome! Yet another PS3 game im looking forward to this fall. Already have it pre-ordered
Old 08-03-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I believe in the article they mentioned that the version that will be bundled has less modes to play with. I'd say it would be safe to assume that there would be a fully featured release later on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Nice, I wanted to play tht but wasn't gonna buy it, now I can get it with a game i was gonna get anyways.

And is this the Big time news?? lol
Old 08-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 7

Suh-friggin-weat.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 16

I had said before NBA Elite needs to be less than $60, I guess I was right.

This is the right way to go, you will significantly increase exposure to your game and hopefully increase sales at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »