Home

NHL 11 Blog: EAUHL - The Biggest Online Dynasty Ever

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Blog: EAUHL - The Biggest Online Dynasty Ever within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 11 Blog: EAUHL - The Biggest Online Dynasty Ever

Some thoughts on this... I didn't spend much hands-on time with HUT at the community event, as I wanted to check out GM mode improvements -- have I mentioned there were quite a few? -- squeeze in a few games, and continue my ongoing discussions with Nate, Gurn, and Jason about improvements/additions for NHL11 & beyond. Also, with all that HUT entails, I was afraid I'd get lost in the mode, as it's quite involved and I'm not too familiar with it's counterparts from FIFA & Madden.

However, a lot of the other community reps did spend a few hours playing around with it, so keep an eye out for their hands-on impressions. Luger33 might've been one of them, so perhaps he'll be kind enough to share with us here. Some other people/sites of possible interest include Shake and Bako from the EA boards, Graeme from the IGN boards, Ed from the HF boards and more. I'll try to contact the group via email to see who has some good info for us.

For those disappointed with HUT as an "online dynasty", I can see your point. It's not a typical online dynasty; however, it does offer a deep team-building experience -- I believe any player from any league is in play -- across both online & offline play. Some people may not care for the fantasy aspect, but having such a huge pool of players certainly makes for some interesting possibilities. Managing your team looks to be quite involved, as it not only requires you to put talent on the ice, but also to balance player development, salary and career length to keep a competitive team on the ice.

There are some cool possibilities -- have a young stud who isn't fully developed for your end of the month playoff push? Perhaps you deal him to someone for a highly-rated vet near the end of his career... Or maybe you prefer to stick with youth in an attempt to lock up as many high potential players on long-term lower paying contracts. I think the elements that make for a great online dynasty are there, so I'd suggest keeping an open mind towards the mode. I know most of my time will be spent in the EASHL, but HUT will definitely get at least a test drive by me.

PS - As mentioned, I dug pretty deep into GM mode and I'm curious to see what the big announcement is. I know there was one thing that had me grinning from ear to ear when I saw it, so perhaps it's...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

From what Iīve read in the other thread and what QB said right here, I think youīre right QB! How often do read "donīt judge the final product by its demo"! And here people are complaining about a mode (an additional one btw), just because they are thinking EA did not adress areas of the game that need improvement (offline GM f. e.).

I, for myself canīt wait until you have the OK to share what you already know about Be A GM improvements Qb!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #19
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

Would someone kindly copy the article and PM it to me? Work has the link blocked, thanks!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Uh couldn't they just given us BEaGM online? This is not what I asked for
I was hoping for this as well.

Also, please someone correct my ignorance if I'm wrong, but didn't you have to pay real money to get better upgrade cards in Ultimate Team Madden?

So unless you want nothing but bronze cards, you'll be paying actual cash to receive silver and gold cards.

While this mode sounds very addicting and fun, I would have preferred a free online BeAGM or even an online BAP mode where you and a handful of friends could compete in the same online BAP world.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Also, please someone correct my ignorance if I'm wrong, but didn't you have to pay real money to get better upgrade cards in Ultimate Team Madden?

So unless you want nothing but bronze cards, you'll be paying actual cash to receive silver and gold cards.

I believe you can purchase packs or cards on the auction block, but you also earn funds to "buy" packs by playing the game. Let's face it, as long as people are willing to pay, microtransactions are here to stay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Like I've said, it all sounds great in theory.. but if at the end of the day the league is flooded with little kids who shelled out mommy and daddys money for all "gold" players (I can already see a team now with Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, the Sedins, etc) then it will be useless to me, as I have neither the inclination nor the money to spend on that much DLC. And that brings up another problem, what will people do who are severely outmatched in quality of players? Glitch.

Believe me I'm glad they've put so much in this year, but this frankly has bad written all over it. I would have rathered they held this back another year and just perfected BAGM offline.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I believe you can purchase packs or cards on the auction block, but you also earn funds to "buy" packs by playing the game. Let's face it, as long as people are willing to pay, microtransactions are here to stay...
I understand that. But this means I'll never be able to compete in the "Elite" level (not that I could anyway).

Anyway, I'm done poo-poo'ing this feature. Even though it's not for me, it sounds very fun, immersive and deep.
I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

One thing I'm wondering is if you can play with 6 guys on your EAUHL team?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Like I've said, it all sounds great in theory.. but if at the end of the day the league is flooded with little kids who shelled out mommy and daddys money for all "gold" players (I can already see a team now with Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, the Sedins, etc) then it will be useless to me, as I have neither the inclination nor the money to spend on that much DLC. And that brings up another problem, what will people do who are severely outmatched in quality of players? Glitch.

Believe me I'm glad they've put so much in this year, but this frankly has bad written all over it. I would have rathered they held this back another year and just perfected BAGM offline.
The article did mention a salary cap, so I don't think anyone will be able to have that many superstars even if they can afford them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »