Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 11 Review

The Madden name carries tremendous weight. It is a decorated franchise that has been equated with football simulation greatness at various points in its life cycle. At other times, some gamers have also been quick to point out its various flaws and have been very critical of the franchise as a whole.

The point is that gamers expect Madden to feature the tightest gameplay controls and an endless amount of on-field strategy. These are the types of expectations that Madden has to attempt to live up to on a yearly basis.

And so with the release of Madden 11 becoming a reality, the developers at EA Sports Tiburon are now going to be fed to the lions once again -- the Operation Sports fans surely being the harshest of critics in the forums of an impassioned sports gaming nation. The game has also been given to a gaggle of media members so they can review and examine every decision and every new feature.

But this year it would seem that the Madden 11 team has answered their critics with a resounding question of their own: Are you not entertained?

Madden returns this summer refined on every level (with some obviously being more refined than others). The gameplay is smoother, the graphics are more vibrant and the game has come to life with added vitality. This is the most entertaining Madden I have played since the Playstation 2 days.

Read More - Madden NFL 11 Review
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

woohoo!

im pumped for tomorrow!

this review did seem a little too positive, but i think that madden will live up to it

Last edited by Dog; 08-09-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: shenanigans
Old 08-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
"One season later, the Pro-Tak animation system is quickly establishing itself as one of the more unique physics engines. This year’s Madden 11 features a more seasoned version of Pro-Tak that takes into account more timing-based factors for each tackle. There are now many more potential ways a play can unfold after initial ball-carrier contact."

really? I didn't know Pro-Tak was based off physics.....you learn something new everyday.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Maybe Madden is that great but this read like an overly positive preview of the game rather than the usual OS reviews with a pro vs. con style debate. It lacked the bite, insight and personality of other OS reviews as nearly everything had a positive spin on it. Am I turning into old and jaded gamer guy? I hope not although I do tend to be more critical.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
"One season later, the Pro-Tak animation system is quickly establishing itself as one of the more unique physics engines. This year’s Madden 11 features a more seasoned version of Pro-Tak that takes into account more timing-based factors for each tackle. There are now many more potential ways a play can unfold after initial ball-carrier contact."

really? I didn't know Pro-Tak was based off physics.....you learn something new everyday.
Yeah, That line had me thinking the exact same thing as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Nicceee! Probably the only game I need all year.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

...did I miss it, or is there nothing in there about how the game plays when your on D?

The offensive improvements, still imo warrant a purchase, and I hope they patch the PA blocking that was talked about.

...So I looked again , and no mention of what it's like to play defense, no mention of special teams, or if the new kick meter plays true to life...

I'm not saying I could write a review for the most important game any better...but did OS really just only review 1/3 of a game, and give it a 9? This doesn't strike me as a review of Madden, but a review of Madden's offense.

Last edited by ryan36; 08-09-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2
So the OS is letting Ian Cummings write his own reviews now??? Amazing, I played Madden 11, and while there are slight game play improvements, they're not enough to warrant a $60 purchase if you bought Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »