Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #25
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
Sorry if I came across as bashing OS. I disagree with the reviewer, not OS.

peace
Wasn't directed at you, or anyone in particular. I just want to impress upon people the need for mature discourse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #26
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

That's too high IMO. I love Madden but there is no way it's 9/10.....it could be far better than it is. 8 at the highest.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
On the Playstation 3, replays have been cut short and there is no actual halftime show. It is more like a group of quick highlights of the first half. While it’s not a huge negative, the added detail of a quality halftime show can immerse you in the game.
What's the difference between this and the 360 version? Does this affect the weekly highlights during franchise, or is it just halftime?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Wow, this gets the...

"Really? REALLY? Really OS, really?"

no mention of special teams being out of whack? the fact that I have to KICK FIELD GOALS WITH MY EYES CLOSED to have even a small chance of missing? That there is only a global set of ST sliders so if you turn down FG accuracy even the slightest bit the CPU misses all of their extra points? Really? The fact that calling punt block gives you DAYS of open space to return punts? That Kickoffs are almost impossible to return past the 25 and the CPU will NEVER return them past the 20 on you? The fact that the CPU doesn't even bother to try to pin punts inside your 20 yard line? Really?

The guy spent 9 paragraphs on GAMEFLOW.

Three full paragraphs on AUTO TURBO!!!!

No mention of the CPU all out blitzing in obvious passing situations leading to easy scores for the human?

No mention of strategy pad being borderline impossible to use because the CPU snaps the ball so quickly?

I really like this game...but this review sounds like it goes on the back of the box for the game.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #29
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
That's too high IMO. I love Madden but there is no way it's 9/10.....it could be far better than it is. 8 at the highest.
what are you basing that off of, may I ask? Are you MOD approved in impressions thread? (sorry if you are I missed it)
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #30
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
@Ryan36: I think special teams is huge for a review due to the issues of Players just watching their blocking assignments blow by them and give you no greater starting point than the 20 yd line (All-Pro, I'm sure rookie is different).

Also defense is questionable for the CPU and USER....but you are right half-of the game review is missing.

There were a lot of light touches here, but nothing in detail...which is what we look for in a review.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4
I won't be getting this first day, but will pick it up sooner, rather than later. I REALLY want to see depth added to franchise/owner as well as Superstar. there's just so much you can add....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I was wondering how long the "slanted review, suspicious review" blah blah blah posts would take.

I only played the Demo for about an hour, So I will reserve judgement until I get the retail.
Well, those people don't want a good Madden game. They want the reviews to be bad to justify their bias. If OS had given the game a 6 they'd be praising the credibility of the OS review. And naturally, they are trying to direct people toward the IGN review.....which, of course, is the lower review score at this point.

Good review. Based on solid leap in quality in Madden 10, good things were to be expected from the M11 iteration. I'll be anxiously awaiting the patch placing the old controls for pre-snap adjustments (I don't want to be switching between two different systems when I play Madden/NCAA).

And yeah, just because the physics system in Madden isn't based on ragdoll engine technology, doesn't mean it can't be physics-based. Euphoria isn't the be-all end-all of physics engines.

Last edited by metallicatz; 08-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »