Home

Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11

This is a discussion on Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Chris nice write up. Quick question for you. Are you playing on All-Pro? I play with the Bears and I'm able to get my play action game going once I establish the run.
Chris, nice write-up. Much of the stuff touched on last night during the call.

Rashad, I am not seeing this, at least not in the demo when playing the Jets. After consistent runs I am nervous to call any PA as I am usually sacked. Like someone touched upon in one of the reviews, part of this is with the user view. By the time the WR HUD is up, it often too late for me to make any good decisions.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Good breakdown Chris, but is your score a 3.5 out of 4 or 5? Man, I'd hate to see the hail-storm if you wrote the MAIN review and gave Madden 11 a score of 7/10!

And I think 2k5/APF is still the king. I certainly dont think EA has made us forget them yet. An NCAA 11 (fully patched, tuned and slidered) vs 2K5 would make for a good read and debate though.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel
Chris, nice write-up. Much of the stuff touched on last night during the call.

Rashad, I am not seeing this, at least not in the demo when playing the Jets. After consistent runs I am nervous to call any PA as I am usually sacked. Like someone touched upon in one of the reviews, part of this is with the user view. By the time the WR HUD is up, it often too late for me to make any good decisions.
I'll check tonight to make sure when I get home Randiesel. To be honest I may call 2-3 playaction passes a game and their usually out of 2 TE or I form sets. Maybe it's the Shotgun PA passes that are not functioning correctly. I'll do some research and report back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Good breakdown Chris, but is your score a 3.5 out of 4 or 5? Man, I'd hate to see the hail-storm if you wrote the MAIN review and gave Madden 11 a score of 7/10!

And I think 2k5/APF is still the king. I certainly dont think EA has made us forget them yet. An NCAA 11 (fully patched, tuned and slidered) vs 2K5 would make for a good read and debate though.
Commented on my blog, but I'll post it here too so you can get a good grasp of my ratings. They're not out of 10, so trying to equate them to anything like that is ridiculous and not worth trying. The 10/100 point scales are horribly broken anyways. 7/10 is average when in reality 5/10 should be -- and they're another reason why OS won't have review scores starting next year. They don't add anything to reviews we can't do better in other ways.

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS/blog/6808-5-star-rating-scale-supplemental-post/
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
A few days, considering I'm basically getting backroom deals to get my hands on a retail copy this early I don't want to really divulge too much on how/where/when I got the deal so as to protect my 'source'
I was just getting at the review part. I mean I had the game early too, but not long enough to review it, only to base my opinion so far. I think you should have a game for at least 2 weeks before a real solid review.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree.....this game is somewhere in between the average-above average category

I wish other reviewers wouldn't give points to Madden for being better then then it was the previous year.......instead compare it to where you think NG football should be at in this point in time, given what we've seen in other titles across

NG football should be much further along then it is now

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I agree.....this game is somewhere in between the average-above average category

I wish other reviewers wouldn't give points to Madden for being better then then it was the previous year.......instead of comparing it to where you think NG footall should be at this point in time, given what we've seen in other titles across

NG football should be much further along then it is now
I do agree, but as long as EA is running the show, I think we wont see this..
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #16
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I was just getting at the review part. I mean I had the game early too, but not long enough to review it, only to base my opinion so far. I think you should have a game for at least 2 weeks before a real solid review.
Unfortunately, that's not how the game review process works. It's great to have an idealized version of how things should work, but reviews have to be posted in a timely fashion or the people simply go elsewhere for it. That's the unfortunate reality, but that's just how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »