Home

Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11

This is a discussion on Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Chris' Review of Madden NFL 11

Thanks for the review, I would like to see more focus on gameplay issues and also online gameplay though; in particular I'd like much more info in sports game reviews on realisim-simulation aspects and the great bugaboo of sports games- "money plays." Really, I think you guys at OS could do a get together for big game release reviews and really beat on games to try and expose gameplay weaknesses.
Billy ****ing Kundiff (K) and Jacob Richardson (P) are elite offensive linemen. WTF?!?! Billy Kundiff actually is quite possibly the best player in the NFL. He has not only blocked amazingly, but he has kicked every extra point and he even caught a ****ing TD!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
A few days, considering I'm basically getting backroom deals to get my hands on a retail copy this early I don't want to really divulge too much on how/where/when I got the deal so as to protect my 'source'
Serious question for ya. The people here at OS do a great service for all sports games by hosting sites and boards for everyone to talk about, which is like free advertising for them.

Why is it that Joe Casual from Podunk, Illinois can get Madden and NCAA 2 weeks before release, yet yall can only get them a day or 2 in advance? There are numerous people on these boards that have these titles well in advance, work out something with them to get you a copy as well if the gaming companies wont provide you a copy.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #19
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbles
Thanks for the review, I would like to see more focus on gameplay issues and also online gameplay though; in particular I'd like much more info in sports game reviews on realisim-simulation aspects and the great bugaboo of sports games- "money plays." Really, I think you guys at OS could do a get together for big game release reviews and really beat on games to try and expose gameplay weaknesses.
Every game has flaws. Why is it Madden needs to have every flaw beaten out of it before release especially if the overall play experience is considerEd great fun?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah based on the demo, 7/10 is about what I would give Madden 11.

They just didn't follow up on the success of last season like I thought they would and spent too much time on worthless features like Gameflow and Strategy Pad.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0
IGN says ncaa is better, which i'm gonna agree. they gave an 8.5 and gave madden an 8. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Good write-up, though while you critique the Madden Franchise mode you say NCAA is the better game? NCAA's Dynasty/Franchise is literally unplayable.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #23
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
@NBASLAM2001 - Although I have never had issues (not yet) with my NCAA 11 OD, I do understand there are some issues that plague some ODs to the point they are unplayable. However, when its working, you have to admit it is light years ahead of Madden. The focus on Madden this year was game play, which is why the franchise mode has had no refresh, which it so desperately needs.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Chris nice review bro. You didn't over do it and didn't under do it. You was straight to the point and direct with with your review. Most sites will just ramble on about this and that. But didn't see you mention anything about gameflow/gameplan. But that's okay. You went to the heart of the matter which was gameplay and locomotion. Why Gameflow was one of the biggest features this year for madden 11. I think locomotion was the biggest one of them all. I like your opinion on the special team blocking and all. Tho I did have one kick return for a TD in the demo. Punt return blocking is somewhat awful. But overall bro good review. Enjoy it very much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »