Home

NHL Slapshot Video: Goalie Controls

This is a discussion on NHL Slapshot Video: Goalie Controls within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL Slapshot Video: Goalie Controls

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL Slapshot Video: Goalie Controls

I haven't talked much about NHL Slapshot, although I did get a considerable amount of hands-on time with it. Playing goalie was a lot of fun -- even if my Wii skills are undeniably... wiik (sorry, couldn't resist) -- although I only did so in the shooter/goalie head-to-head mode in which the shooter lines up roughly between the hash marks and fires away. While I didn't win my 1v1 battle with Matt from The Target Demographic, there were more than a few fist pumps after goals & saves.

In fact, my lasting impression of NHL Slapshot is the reactions all of us had when playing. A 2v2 four person game was a mix of yelling, cheering, jumping, high-fiving, and flying elbows (make sure you spread out!). I definitely recommend the game to anyone with a Wii, whether you play with your kids or your friends.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

sounds like fun for quick games, but did you get a chance to look into season mode or whatever other modes it has? I'm hoping they have the controls down pat. I've been hoping someone would make a decent baseball game using life like throwing and batting controls but 2k seems to screw it up every year. Can i please have the ability to catch a grounder in the hole and try and whip it to first for the close out? Sorry...rant for a different forum !
Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdinger69
sounds like fun for quick games, but did you get a chance to look into season mode or whatever other modes it has? I'm hoping they have the controls down pat.
We got the rundown on the available game modes, although I don't think I can talk about the main single-player mode. But it sounded pretty damn cool...

I was impressed with the controls, although I was terrible because I've only played Wii a handful of times. I'm sure a Wii veteran will catch on quickly and the feeling of taking a slapper by, well, taking a slapper is quite rewarding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »