Home

NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview - Playing As Michael Jordan, New Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview - Playing As Michael Jordan, New Screenshots (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA2K Hands On - IGN

you need to flip it to compare it to the IGN screenshot, but looks very accurate to me.

And this one is pretty similar too.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview, Playing As Michael Jordan (IGN)

Looks like Harlan will be doing the commentary for all the game modes. I just hope there's no Kellogg though.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview - Playing As Michael Jordan, New Screenshots (IGN)

Loving everything but still worried about this...

Quote:
I think Stockton is a little showier in his NBA 2K11 skin than he should be, as he dribbled the ball through his legs more times in one game than he did in his entire career in real life, but I'm sure 2K Sports will tweak things before the game launches.
I hope players from the past, like Stockton, won't be assigned packages from current stars.

Imagine Drexler Dunking like Wade or vice versa? It just wouldn't look authentic.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Sounds and looks good to me so far. I see they still haven't been able to fix the "jersey's floating over the shoulders" issue. Must be hard to fix i guess its an issue with the cloth physics clashing with skeletal system they have in place or something like that. Its not a gamekiller or anything though but it is pretty obvious in this one pic.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview - Playing As Michael Jordan, New Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
Loving everything but still worried about this...

I hope players from the past, like Stockton, won't be assigned packages from current stars.

Imagine Drexler Dunking like Wade or vice versa? It just wouldn't look authentic.
I remember reading about some tendencies regarding dribbling. I'm pretty sure there are couple of tendencies to fix this.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #22
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
And I REALLY hope they let you play as rookie from the 2010 draft if you want. Also hope that the 2K insider's opening spiel can be skipped. He gets a little annoying after a few playthroughs.
Well said.

I actually want My Player to be more tougher. I liked the goals, but it should be much harder when you first start out as an unproven created rookie. I wish there was a way where we can do an Online Career in which me & maybe 10 others can come in with either created players or 2010 Draft Picks and play out each game during the season. As we battle to lead our teams to the NBA Finals, and battle for individual awards.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #23
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K11 Hands-On Preview, Playing As Michael Jordan (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Looks like Harlan will be doing the commentary for all the game modes. I just hope there's no Kellogg though.
The commentary will never get better, deeper if they keep replacing the color man ever friggin' year. Cuz when they do replace him, they gotta make sure he has lines for all the simple stuff first. All of it.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy

"For starters, every single one of the challenges (which date from his rookie year to that "final" shot against Bryon Russell and the Jazz) features every player that you'd care about. Whether you're talking about Horace Grant on the Bulls, James Worthy and Magic on the Lakers or Karl Malone and John Stockton on the Jazz, they're all here. What's even more impressive is that they all have their signature moves and styles in the game."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »