Home

NHL 11 - Be a Pro to Feature Seven Rounds, Integrated into the Draft (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 - Be a Pro to Feature Seven Rounds, Integrated into the Draft (Game Informer) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NHL 11 - Be a Pro to Feature Seven Rounds, Integrated into the Draft (Game Informer)

The September issue of Game Informer has a preview of NHL 11 with a couple of tidbits that I thought the community might like to read. I checked the website and the September issue (#209) isn't available online, so if you wanna read the full article, snag a copy of the September issue of Game Informer. Here are some quotes:

Regarding Be a Pro...

"Your draft position is determined at the Memorial Cup, and with seven rounds being integrated into the draft for the first time, if you stink it up you could find yourself being passed by several times over."

"...and refined the AI behavior to make your teammates skate better and take more shots."

Regarding Be A GM...

"...Be a GM mode improves with the addition of restricted and unrestricted free agency. Like the real NHL, you can sign younger players to slotted offer sheets or try to poach young superstars at the cost of losing draft picks. EA Canada has worked to improve the trade logic to limit the movement of star players and added five-player-per-team trades. The devs also implemented fixes to make sure good players don't unrealistically sit in free agency too long. Expect a lot more player movement at the minor league level, and like the real NHL, don't expect cap conscious teams to move a lot of first-liners unless they are pending unrestricted free agents."

Regarding the EASHL:

"...to create more intensity for the monthly seasons, this year's EASHL will feature playoffs the last four days of each month. If your team wins the Cup, your games will feature a unique presentation package including raising your championship banner to the rafters before each game."

Just to reiterate, all this is from the September issue of Game Informer.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Game Informer NHL 11 News

It is utterly amazing that seven draft rounds are in BAP. Can't wait to see where I go!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobert0247
It is utterly amazing that seven draft rounds are in BAP. Can't wait to see where I go!
This game is utterly amazing, RESTRICTED FA's? Improved CPU roster management logic? This is looking like the game of the year, and I'm not just talking about sports here, either.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

I like how they quietly threw out:

-RFAs/UFAs
-Better trade/FA logic
-Better team AI

Just kinda casually. Awesome! This game is going to rock.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownFan526

Regarding Be A GM...

"...Be a GM mode improves with the addition of restricted and unrestricted free agency. Like the real NHL, you can sign younger players to slotted offer sheets or try to poach young superstars at the cost of losing draft picks. EA Canada has worked to improve the trade logic to limit the movement of star players and added five-player-per-team trades. The devs also implemented fixes to make sure good players don't unrealistically sit in free agency too long. Expect a lot more player movement at the minor league level, and like the real NHL, don't expect cap conscious teams to move a lot of first-liners unless they are pending unrestricted free agents."
All of this makes me very happy.

Qb, they didn't mention anything you've been hinting at, did they?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
All of this makes me very happy.

Qb, they didn't mention anything you've been hinting at, did they?
You know.. this game is shaping up to be the game of the year... This is freakin amazing... We will be getting some info pretty soon I'm sure.. I'm sure there are some things not announced as of yet... But as I said before, I really believe after the Madden week hype is done Ea will start releasing more info on all their other games in development.. For the most part the first week is critical for Madden and people who will be buying the game most likely will be buying it then.. If I find a copy of GI, Can I type what the Whole article says or is that against the rules?? It won't be scanned either
Old 08-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

Really hope this all pans out effectively in regards to BeaGM. If so I'm sure to be extremely happy with the game this year as honestly the quirks in BeAGM in regards to the trade and line logic are the biggest ones I currently have with the game. Great to see full draft round implementation and RFA and UFA offer sheets as well. Should help to make the team bulding side of BAGM much more realistic and engaging.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

i have to admit, it appears that ea sports is starting to regain a halfway descent reputation man. their games are finally starting to push the hardware (though nhl has done this for a few years now)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »