Home

NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10
Exclamation NHL 11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Re: NHL 11 Demo Arrives in North America on Tuesday Aug. 17th (EU 18th), Details Incl

97%. READY TO PLAY.

EDIT: Booting it up.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Re: NHL 11 Demo Arrives in North America on Tuesday Aug. 17th (EU 18th), Details Incl

First person to post the new faceoff controls gets a hug.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 11 Demo Available Now (360)

How do you copy the link? Where do I paste it to on my 360? Arrghhhhhhh!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
Pro

Lubey's Arena

If you're expecting a completely new engine you'll be disappointed. The new checking basically gets rid of the situations of goofy looking checking animations. No more cross checking when you go to hit some guy along the boards. It creates a good visual of just bumping or rubbing a guy in situations when that happens in real life. One broken stick so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #6
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 11 Demo Available Now (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Robot
How do you copy the link? Where do I paste it to on my 360? Arrghhhhhhh!!!!
You have to be able to sign into the M$ site. You use the E-Mail of your GT. Once it's setup it will just show up in your active downloads.

I'm guessing it will show up on the regular Marketplace pretty soon though.

Starting up right now!
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Hmmm 3 times a player either had his stick broken or lost it in one period. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue. Cool so far. User celebrations are sort of neat. For those worried they'll be annoying, don't worry. I scored and only had about 3 seconds to do a celebration before it cut.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #8
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Just realized there's a faceoff tutorial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »