Home

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: IGN Preview

This year's SVR looks like a winner. I'm definitely going to pick this up, and hopefully they have the Nexus and Daniel Bryan in-game. Or at the least, I'm hoping they add them as DLC.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
This year's SVR looks like a winner. I'm definitely going to pick this up, and hopefully they have the Nexus and Daniel Bryan in-game. Or at the least, I'm hoping they add them as DLC.
It is way to late for them to add Nexus and Bryan into the game. But they might could be DLC. But that is a long shot. THQ has never had a good track record of doing DLC or SD VS RAw series. The only time they did DLC was with SD vs Raw 09 I believe. Even then their DLC was glitchy. But again there is that small chance of DLC this year.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

That sucks about Nexus. May create them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

This went from a "pass" all-together to a day-1 buy for me... good read.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

WWE Universe is a mode i've been waiting for from a WWE game in a looong time...hell from a Wrestling game period. I hope they execute it well.

Damn, I don't like to buy more than a game a month and thanks to this and NBA 2k it's looking like i'll have to make a exception.

Also finally the ability to create someone and make them how good you want

I'm not sure if that was in last year or the year before because i've been skipping out on SvR.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Sounds great, but I wonder if we still can edit the stories...

For some reason, I can see fail written all over this mode if it isnt done right...

Let us continue to customize everthing just in case the AI isnt as smart as we hoped...

Great news tho!!!

Next year I hope the in ring action is just as immersive, from the clips 2011 still looks like a glorified fighting game...

However for me to enjoy the in ring action this year, the AI, the selling of moves and damage must be better...

As for Nexus, I dont think it would be hard to create them, they already look like a bunch of CAWS anyways lol

I can't wait to play with The Miz...He's so AWESOME

This is a big step up

Quote:
The strong grapple modifier is gone, too. If you want to pull off a big move from a grapple, you can't just hold down a shoulder button and flick the thumbstick anymore – you have to earn it by performing chain grapples via flicking the stick and pulling off preliminary moves. As you wear your opponent down, he or she is going to get groggy, and this is when you can flick the stick and grapple for big moves. Strike combos also return this year, and if you land a four-hit combo, expect the opponent to pop into that groggy state.

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-17-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN)

I wasn't paying any attention to the game until I read that. New thinks look great but if the gameplay and AI is the same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN)

Definitely went from a pass to possibly buy for me as well. The WWE Universe sounds to quote the Miz "AWESOME!" and if done right could be everything I've personally always wanted in a SVR game. I rememeber playing the Create a PPV mode just like mentioned in the article, created my own PPV back on SD/SD2 called "Title Time" where all titles were on the line...now 10 years later WWE has Night of Champions...crazy huh?

But back to the point, definitely will keep my eye on things, hopefully they put out a demo this year, and if they really do update the game w/ DLC of new wrestlers and such (Nexus) it would be perfect.

PSN: dsavbeast

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »