Home

NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A

We recently had a chance to speak with NHL 11 producer Andy Agostini about the newly minted EA Ultimate Hockey League mode. Check out the interview below.

Operation Sports: Is there anything in place to keep two people from making a ridiculous one-sided trade?

Andy Agostini: There is a limit on the amount of assets that can be traded in any one deal. What those assets are can be anything. With a salary cap in place getting an incredibly one-sided deal isn’t as useful, as you might have trouble fitting everybody you received under the salary cap on your team. We have also focused on the matchmaking, so we try to always match you up against a team with equal skill to yours. So as your team increases in skill your opponents in the EA Ultimate Hockey League will be stronger.

More after the jump.

Read More - NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 14
So is the game like over once every player retires?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 14
nvm u can just buy a new pack when your players retire
Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A

Wow.... no private leagues.... that sucks. Oh well I guess I'll wait until we get a Online Franchise mode in NHL 12.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm pretty bummed that there's no way to play exhibition games against friends in UT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Wow.... no private leagues.... that sucks. Oh well I guess I'll wait until we get a Online Franchise mode in NHL 12.
Usless feature for me if I have to play randoms. Oh well... There is a reason why we have a friends list
Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

"OS: Will there be "private" online leagues where only friends and/or only certain people can join?

We do not have ‘private’ leagues because we really wanted to make this league be the biggest online dynasty ever. We want you to always have an opponent to play and no preset schedule so it’s always pick up and play regardless of what time you feel like doing this. With the focus being a global league, we do have a friend’s leaderboard so you can see how well your friends are doing and compare their records to yourself."

Andy Agostini answer is simply leaving me speechless. I'm already counting the days before cheaters and glitchers takes the control of this beautiful idea.

I'll play it offline and with a good set of sliders, it's going to be fun, but no way I'm going to play against cheaters that are living for recognition online.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Usless feature for me if I have to play randoms. Oh well... There is a reason why we have a friends list
I have at least 15 friends (both whom I know and met on NHL 10) who would love to be in a private league where only we can play each other without cheese, glitches, etc. If this is an online dynasty, then why can't there be private leagues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
"OS: Will there be "private" online leagues where only friends and/or only certain people can join?

We do not have ‘private’ leagues because we really wanted to make this league be the biggest online dynasty ever. We want you to always have an opponent to play and no preset schedule so it’s always pick up and play regardless of what time you feel like doing this. With the focus being a global league, we do have a friend’s leaderboard so you can see how well your friends are doing and compare their records to yourself."

Andy Agostini answer is simply leaving me speechless. I'm already counting the days before cheaters and glitchers takes the control of this beautiful idea.

I'll play it offline and with a good set of sliders, it's going to be fun, but no way I'm going to play against cheaters that are living for recognition online.
Yup I agree with this 100%. I just hope they don't go as low as too not allowing us at all to play with friends because if we can't play with friends, I'm sticking to offline play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »