Home

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Preview (IGN)

Hope you guys enjoyed the preview!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

With all the weapons and hell in the cells and everything is there still blood in the game? I didn't see any in the preview. It would suck if they had all these weapons additions and no blood.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #19
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

I think I'm going to create myself as a low rated CAW (like low 60's), and hopefully, the CPU will put me on Superstars occasionally (I'm sure I'll have to sim a lot the first year to get on the card). Then, each year I'll edit my guy and allocate some more attribute points for my wrestler as I "progress".

This way, the game will always be challenging as I move through the ranks, and hopefully, I can develop some great feuds along the way.

If the "WWE Universe Mode" includes the ability to cash-in MITB after a wrestler has just went through a grueling match, I will mark out! I'd love to win the briefcase and have that option.

Universe could also be the an awesome multiplayer game. Having multiple people pick wrestlers and have the CPU generate the feuds, storylines, rankings, contenders, etc. would be a blast! You could team up with your friend and form a stable, or battle it out for the belt. Too bad, you can't do it online as I have no one around who could consistently play "universe" with me.

Either way, I'm excited.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #20
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: IGN Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
It is way to late for them to add Nexus and Bryan into the game. But they might could be DLC. But that is a long shot. THQ has never had a good track record of doing DLC or SD VS RAw series. The only time they did DLC was with SD vs Raw 09 I believe. Even then their DLC was glitchy. But again there is that small chance of DLC this year.
I don't think so. They've had since January. Last year was missing Sheamus and Drew...the WWE and IC champions just a month later so they can't be missing out on Nexus/Bryan this year.

Otherwise I predict a story where Nexus attacks THQ headquaters and the release of the game is withheld until they're included cause they'd be against Nexus at that point.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I think I'm going to create myself as a low rated CAW (like low 60's), and hopefully, the CPU will put me on Superstars occasionally (I'm sure I'll have to sim a lot the first year to get on the card). Then, each year I'll edit my guy and allocate some more attribute points for my wrestler as I "progress".

This way, the game will always be challenging as I move through the ranks, and hopefully, I can develop some great feuds along the way.

If the "WWE Universe Mode" includes the ability to cash-in MITB after a wrestler has just went through a grueling match, I will mark out! I'd love to win the briefcase and have that option.

Universe could also be the an awesome multiplayer game. Having multiple people pick wrestlers and have the CPU generate the feuds, storylines, rankings, contenders, etc. would be a blast! You could team up with your friend and form a stable, or battle it out for the belt. Too bad, you can't do it online as I have no one around who could consistently play "universe" with me.

Either way, I'm excited.
I'll probably make classic guys, and guys I wish would come over to the WWE like Samoa Joe or AJ Styles.

I was thinking, I'd do a lot of simulating. I am wondering if we can edit other wrestlers attributes as well. So in a way burying someone we don't like and pushing someone we like. The more we can edit the better, although I doubt they will let us edit WWE wrestlers appearances...but it would be cool, it was done in the wold WWF No Mercy game, and that's what made it so much fun.

I was thinking about the multiplayer options for it. You can basically play career mode with your friends

I guess the only thing I am worried about is...sounds too good to be true. I hope they don't make that one mistake or glitch that ruins the mode.

Also vernond, WWE has gone PG so I doubt there will be any blood in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #22
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

there is blood in the game this year -- option to turn on / off
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #23
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
there is blood in the game this year -- option to turn on / off
Nice! Thanks, Cena must bleed!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #24
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I'll probably make classic guys, and guys I wish would come over to the WWE like Samoa Joe or AJ Styles.

I was thinking, I'd do a lot of simulating. I am wondering if we can edit other wrestlers attributes as well. So in a way burying someone we don't like and pushing someone we like. The more we can edit the better, although I doubt they will let us edit WWE wrestlers appearances...but it would be cool, it was done in the wold WWF No Mercy game, and that's what made it so much fun.

I was thinking about the multiplayer options for it. You can basically play career mode with your friends

I guess the only thing I am worried about is...sounds too good to be true. I hope they don't make that one mistake or glitch that ruins the mode.

Also vernond, WWE has gone PG so I doubt there will be any blood in the game.

Quote:
For the first time ever, you can change existing Superstar attribute points
We can

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »