Home

NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League Q&A

i agree 100%
Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Yup I agree with this 100%. I just hope they don't go as low as too not allowing us at all to play with friends because if we can't play with friends, I'm sticking to offline play.
I don't blame EA for what people are doing online with their work, I want to get it straight. Where I have a problem is that we've seen the Trade wins in 08, 99 glitch in 09 and sliders glitching in 10.

Don't try to tell me that everything will be fine and there's no way that cheating with ridiculous trading will be negated. I'm 35, it's been a long time ago I stopped believing in Santa Claus.

Matter is that from the get go, people will cheat. Not important if you are in Elite, Pro or Amateur bracket, people will cheat because the need to win and recognize is well more important in general than playing by the rules.

Gaming will always be a reflexion of the society. Every where, people will try to cut corners and comes on top, convincing themselves they just did what others would have done, but difference is that they won.

What's the point, for people like me who work and want to have a good time by playing video games if we end up playing against cheaters? EAUHL is a great idea, the demo is looking great and fun, I really like it.

But, believing that people won't exploit the game online at all? Nah, no way, never going to happen.

That's why, creating a way to have a league of X people to play together would have been a great addition.

Instead of trying to get the biggest online dynasty ever, why not trying to have the funniest mode online ever by making everyone happy?

I don't know, just my two cents on the subject!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

The reason is pretty clear. If we just play each other, there is far less need for us to spend the cash to upgrade our teams. We are not the target audience.

There are a ton of kids out there that will spend ridiculous amounts of money to keep their teams elite. EA has made a nice profit from these gamers. They are not going be interested in any suggestions that do not drive the sale of more points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
The reason is pretty clear. If we just play each other, there is far less need for us to spend the cash to upgrade our teams. We are not the target audience.

There are a ton of kids out there that will spend ridiculous amounts of money to keep their teams elite. EA has made a nice profit from these gamers. They are not going be interested in any suggestions that do not drive the sale of more points.
Why not have both a Global PHL(for the kiddies and cheese puffs) and the option to have a private league for me and my friends. If you do it that way you'll probably get more people playing this mode, cause as of now no one I know is going to use it.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Why not have both a Global PHL(for the kiddies and cheese puffs) and the option to have a private league for me and my friends. If you do it that way you'll probably get more people playing this mode, cause as of now no one I know is going to use it.
The reason is that there are plenty of people willing to pay to ply the mode as it is. What is the advantage of creating a way for people like us to play it, when we won't spend money on it?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

This might be the wrong thread for this question...but during Ultimate Hockey League in the demo, is there any way to change the difficulty level? It seems to be set at Pro. Or perhaps there is no set difficulty?

thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin89
This might be the wrong thread for this question...but during Ultimate Hockey League in the demo, is there any way to change the difficulty level? It seems to be set at Pro. Or perhaps there is no set difficulty?

thanks
It's locked to pro in the demo.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »