Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Videos: Gameplay From GamesCom

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Videos: Gameplay From GamesCom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Yet another awesome video..

And another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHao24TGs0
Old 08-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Yet another awesome video..

Wow! This game looks absolutely dope! I really like the pace of the match and the passing motions/system .
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: FIFA11 Gameplay Video from GamesCom

Awesome vids. Now it really reflects the pace of a real football match. Looking forward for this new installment of Fifa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Thank you.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Definitely tough to say anything. The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like. However, I believe both players are struggling to control their defenders - does anyone else notice it's almost too much commitment to the ball rather than marking - which is why on many occasion they are out of place.

I see a lot of core gameplay of FIFA 2005 PC in this. The ball is also bright white, a problem the PC version from 2003-2010 has had.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #14
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely tough to say anything. The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like. However, I believe both players are struggling to control their defenders - does anyone else notice it's almost too much commitment to the ball rather than marking - which is why on many occasion they are out of place.

I see a lot of core gameplay of FIFA 2005 PC in this. The ball is also bright white, a problem the PC version from 2003-2010 has had.
That's most likely due to the contrast setting on the tv and the codec used for video rendering. Each video codec has it's own unique characteristics.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
That's most likely due to the contrast setting on the tv and the codec used for video rendering. Each video codec has it's own unique characteristics.
Could be, in the PC version this was a terminology called "baked lighting" in the ini config file. Next night game video, pay attention to see if the ball remains bright white regardless of the codec. The reason I mention the bright white is not for the sake of the color standing out - but rather the fact that when the ball is bright white like that, it makes the ball look a lot bigger to the player's feet. Which then skews the physics and the way the ball is looked at.

All in all, it depends on what you accept as a simulation soccer game. I dedicated an entire month changing the calves circumference of each player on PES4 - why? Because the ball in relation to the player's leg did not look right, and essentially made the players physics look clunky.

It's the little things, that's what FIFA's about this year, if the game turns out to have these kind of flaws, I can live with it, but I'll be nitpicky up until release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Could be, in the PC version this was a terminology called "baked lighting" in the ini config file. Next night game video, pay attention to see if the ball remains bright white regardless of the codec. The reason I mention the bright white is not for the sake of the color standing out - but rather the fact that when the ball is bright white like that, it makes the ball look a lot bigger to the player's feet. Which then skews the physics and the way the ball is looked at.

All in all, it depends on what you accept as a simulation soccer game. I dedicated an entire month changing the calves circumference of each player on PES4 - why? Because the ball in relation to the player's leg did not look right, and essentially made the players physics look clunky.

It's the little things, that's what FIFA's about this year, if the game turns out to have these kind of flaws, I can live with it, but I'll be nitpicky up until release.
totally agree though that the ball looks a bit too big in comparison to the players body. I guess we'll find out when the demo drops

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »