Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Videos: Gameplay From GamesCom

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Videos: Gameplay From GamesCom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #17
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Yet another awesome video..

Everyone keeps praising the pace shown in these videos....does no one watch real club football? The pace of these videos is faaar too quick. There was no build-up play, it was just storming down the pitch to try to get the ball into the net. One of my biggest complaints for fifa 10 and the wc edition was that the pace of the game didn't mirror real life. It needs to be slowed down substantially.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #18
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Yet another awesome video..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Everyone keeps praising the pace shown in these videos....does no one watch real club football? The pace of these videos is faaar too quick. There was no build-up play, it was just storming down the pitch to try to get the ball into the net. One of my biggest complaints for fifa 10 and the wc edition was that the pace of the game didn't mirror real life. It needs to be slowed down substantially.
relax. The videos looked like it was two humans playing vs each other just trying to run up and down the pitch. We also don't know what speed setting it was on.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Videos: Gameplay From GamesCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely tough to say anything. The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like. However, I believe both players are struggling to control their defenders - does anyone else notice it's almost too much commitment to the ball rather than marking - which is why on many occasion they are out of place.

I see a lot of core gameplay of FIFA 2005 PC in this. The ball is also bright white, a problem the PC version from 2003-2010 has had.
Yeah, it looked like a club version of WC with the same pace. Still suffers from too many perfect tackles.

It's not all bad though. The animations and player movement is really smooth.

The game speed is probably on Normal which will be default for ranked online matches.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #20
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Definitely need to see videos vs the CPU. These two couldn't wait to get to the goal, so I can barely watch any of these human vs human videos of either game.

I too am hoping for some realistic pacing. I have never felt a drastic difference between Slow and Normal game speed. I guess there must be some difference although it is hard for me to tell. It isn't drastic enough, that I am certain of.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Definitely need to see videos vs the CPU. These two couldn't wait to get to the goal, so I can barely watch any of these human vs human videos of either game.

I too am hoping for some realistic pacing. I have never felt a drastic difference between Slow and Normal game speed. I guess there must be some difference although it is hard for me to tell. It isn't drastic enough, that I am certain of.
Agree.
I also hope this was on a low diff. setting, cuz as much as I like the spacing in middfield, I disliked it in front of the goal.
But the motions and the overall flow looked great!
I really hope the new dynasty mode is solid this year!
NFL: Steelers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA11 Gameplay Video from GamesCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The game looks like the pace is too fast and almost arcade like.
No kidding, wow. That's ping-pong on grass, not even close to the slow, methodical pace of the game. There's absolutely no build-up.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA11 Gameplay Video from GamesCom

I know it's still tough to say, but apparently this is the PC version. I'm sure some of you have seen the video, but in comparison to the new one for ps3/x360...it's almost night and day in regards to pace of play, possibly even physics.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »