Home

NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: HD Demo Footage From Gamescom (Gamersyde) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: HD NBA 2K11 Gamescom Demo Footage (Gamersyde)

The term "Locomotion" always strikes me as an EA term for their attempts to get animations on par with what they had last gen. Other games just animate. Oh well maybe it's just me.

Anyways... direct-feed video really shows off how gorgeous the game looks/animates

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Damn D-Wade crossed up Marion and Butler.. The game just looks better and better with each video.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Maybe I just don't have the eyes you guys do, but this was the first video that looked as spectacular as the rest of you were saying 2K11 was looking. It was just too much to pick up on a good feel for the game from a guy taping on his phone or digital. This looks tremendously smooth. People love to crank with JKidd from 35 plus though, don't they?

The dunks do look a teeny bit slow sometimes. I heard some posters mention "floaty" and that seems like a good word for it. Most everything else is looking delicious at this point.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #20
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Maybe I just don't have the eyes you guys do, but this was the first video that looked as spectacular as the rest of you were saying 2K11 was looking. It was just too much to pick up on a good feel for the game from a guy taping on his phone or digital. This looks tremendously smooth. People love to crank with JKidd from 35 plus though, don't they?

The dunks do look a teeny bit slow sometimes. I heard some posters mention "floaty" and that seems like a good word for it. Most everything else is looking delicious at this point.
Yup. Exactly. This is my only complaint about what I've seen thus far. And the fact that the calf sleeve bug hasn't been fixed irks me too

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

At first I thought it was maybe a camera thing, the difference between Gamescom videos and what Ron posted. But now its quite clear that Ron's video was an older version due to the lack of graphical details that are clearly noticeable when comparing the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

IMO the dunks look better that way, it's not all fast were you have to say what was that or do a replay.

side note: Someone lied saying that they show players in the locker room tying their shoes and talking. I haven't seen this on any video showing the presentation.

Last edited by Forever_Young83; 08-25-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
@datboimall Great question. Forgot to mention, latest audio (& other things) weren't put into this build. So you'll see a big step up there
This is from several hours ago from Ronnie2k's twitter. All I know is, 2k11's final final build is going to be a beauty to watch.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #24
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
IMO the dunks look better that way, it's not all fast were you have to say what was that or do a replay.

side note: Someone lied saying that they show players in the locker room tying their shoes and talking. I haven't seen this on any video showing the presentation.
Nah, the dunk are too slow and not better that way, I really don't understand how you can say that^^

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »