Home

NBA 2K11: MJ to the Lakers or Clippers, You Decide w/ New Screenshots (LA Times)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11: MJ to the Lakers or Clippers, You Decide w/ New Screenshots (LA Times) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: New Article at LA Times w/ new Screenshots

My favorite pic so far, love it.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
My favorite pic so far, love it.

Kobe Bryant is probably thinking: "Look at this guy, he thinks he's the next Kobe Bryant. Those youngsters!"

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #11

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'll tell you something. If you look for comments people make about 2K11 around the web, you'll see lots of comments like: "2K only added Jordan and that's it. That's so stupid!". And I honestly can't blame people. Unless you read the NBA 2K11 Insights, go to the 2K forums or go to OS, you may think that 2K11 is all about Jordan and not a single addition to the gameplay. I really hope 2K starts marketing the gameplay itself, rather than the Jordan stuff.
I don't think it will hurt perception of this product. I think it's getting pretty clear this game is going to be one of those games many refer back to as a standard-bearer. Think about NBA 2K12 and what they will have to do to propel it past this year's game. The Jordan brand is strong and along with that is what appears to be an excellent representation of him in a video game.

There is a lot going on with this title, and I agree that maybe the casual, non-OSer may not know the other things they are improving on and enhancing, but I just don't see that being a factor in the final purchase. I was worried at first that it would be a Jordan parade to release day but the recent insights are showing that they are also giving the hardcore user something to chew on. For the casual guy, he may think, "Jordan...why?!?" But it won't take long for them to hear or even see what else the game is about.

I just think this game is going to be pretty big across the board.

Last edited by DaveDQ; 08-27-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: extra word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
games gonna be vicious....
Old 08-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'll tell you something. If you look for comments people make about 2K11 around the web, you'll see lots of comments like: "2K only added Jordan and that's it. That's so stupid!". And I honestly can't blame people. Unless you read the NBA 2K11 Insights, go to the 2K forums or go to OS, you may think that 2K11 is all about Jordan and not a single addition to the gameplay. I really hope 2K starts marketing the gameplay itself, rather than the Jordan stuff.
I'm going to have to disagree. The word on Facebook (yes, I'm on Facebook) is very positive just about Jordan being added. This if from kats my age (slightly over 30) who haven't touched a video game since PS2. Its really big in my circle of professionals, who dubbed themselves, "too old" or "too sophisticated" to play video games. Many of them, will buy it, for their kids enjoyment only.

Besides, I think it safe to say its a pretty big deal when the Los Angeles Times writes a story about the game.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I don't think it will hurt perception of this product. I think it's getting pretty clear this game is going to be one of those games many refer back to as a standard-bearer. Think about NBA 2K12 and what they will have to do to propel it past this year's game. The Jordan brand is strong and along with that is what appears to be an excellent representation of him in a video game.

There is a lot going on with this title, and I agree that maybe the casual, non-OSer may not know the other things they are improving on and enhancing, but I just don't see that being a factor in the final purchase. I was worried at first that it would be a Jordan parade to release day but the recent insights are showing that they are also giving the hardcore user something to chew on. For the casual guy, he may think, "Jordan...why?!?" But it won't take long for them to hear or even see what else the game is about.

I just think this game is going to be pretty big across the board.
Those casual non-OSers are the majority of gamers. Unless there are like 1 million members + non-members who go to OS.

Let me ask you this: If all you knew about the game was that is has Michael Jordan and some old stuff, would you pay $60 for it if you're not a big Jordan fan?

ZX Spectrum
Old 08-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I'm going to have to disagree. The word on Facebook (yes, I'm on Facebook) is very positive just about Jordan being added. This if from kats my age (slightly over 30) who haven't touched a video game since PS2. Its really big in my circle of professionals, who dubbed themselves, "too old" or "too sophisticated" to play video games. Many of them, will buy it, for their kids enjoyment only.

Besides, I think it safe to say its a pretty big deal when the Los Angeles Times writes a story about the game.
I'm not saying Jordan doesn't matter, I'm just saying that I read a lot of comments by people who think this game is all about Jordan and that it's not enough for them to pay $60. I can't say they're totally wrong, if that's the info they have about the game.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11: MJ to the Lakers or Clippers, You Decide w/ New Screenshots (LA Times)

hopefully the kobe VIs are in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »