Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The speed and chaos actually looks worse then it feels. The pacing of the game is actually okay when you aren't trying to push the ball every time down.

I believe playing against the CPU is going to look a lot less chaotic due to the fact that they know how to defend. But the overall look of the animations isn't going to improve so if that's your issue I don't know what to say.

I would still say you guys should try out the demo to see if you can stomach it though, the control in the game is still a draw imo. Some of the drives to the basket feel great if you know how to execute it correctly.
this is really true. it doesn't feel nearly as chaotic as it looks. When I played against the cpu the pace was just fine. I still feel that without any sense of "turbo" that I can't really "go fast".

Jano is right tho, if the overall look of the animations deter you from playing it's not gonna work at all for you. Some of that will not obviously change.

Props to dre for posting all these vids. If I had not been able to go I would've been really eager to see them. I would probably be over reactin too! lol.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #18
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Man, I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to sports games, but geeze... that really didn't look very good at all. And I get that it will feel better when playing, most games usually do, but just everything involving the animations (movement, dribbling, post and pre play cuts) looks pretty bad to me.

I dunno, I'm still interested in seeing more, but right now, this looks like a downgrade from last year to me.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 08-29-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
. I know I read somewhere that it's a "3 year project"

I thought it would take Ea a few years before live really came together, i still wanna try the demo to at least see how the game feels.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It'll look better on your HDTV man

Also no one was trying to do behind the backs or whatever. Those leaners were from momentum and ended up like that.

The only one doing dribble moves was the same kid controlling boozer and turk and a few others.

The cheeser guy wasnt running plays but he did keep coming down popping 3's with Kobe. I think it was on pro btw, but never got a chance to check or change anything because the guy told me to upload for promotion, I was only thinking of getting clips for you guys so I never played passed the initial 1 half.

The pick and roll felt pretty good though from what I can remember.

Oh and for anyone coming here to just throw out phrases like "this sucks".. you'll be banned because its against the TOS.

The running up and down court doesn't feel like you're all out of control and super fast, I have to say that again. You'll see when the demo drops.
Thanks for the info. Is it pretty fair to say these vids don't give us a true idea of what the game plays like? I mean I find it a bit hard to judge user vs user do to the fact you have to depend on two people knowing the game of basketball and knowing how to execute on the sticks. From the vids no one seems to understand how the game even works and yet they are commenting on how bad it is. The only part i hated to see really was the boozer dunk.

Oh and is there anyway to make player stays appear on the fly or is it scrolling still?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb
i'm sorry but the game looks terrible
the camera makes the game look terrible when they start releasing game play taken by a capture card the game will look better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #22
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by themostelite
the camera makes the game look terrible when they start releasing game play taken by a capture card the game will look better

Yeah i think the game will show better when Ea releases some official videos being played by some of the devs.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 20
it still looks like the players are sliding freely even if someone is in front and the player models are slim like.sorry live,but no buy for me.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The speed and chaos actually looks worse then it feels. The pacing of the game is actually okay when you aren't trying to push the ball every time down.

I believe playing against the CPU is going to look a lot less chaotic due to the fact that they know how to defend. But the overall look of the animations isn't going to improve so if that's your issue I don't know what to say.

I would still say you guys should try out the demo to see if you can stomach it though, the control in the game is still a draw imo. Some of the drives to the basket feel great if you know how to execute it correctly.
tthank you for posting some good info thak you the overall game looks good its just the camera that makes it look bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »