Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Arsenal vs. Real Madrid - HD Direct Feed

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Arsenal vs. Real Madrid - HD Direct Feed within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 12 min video - Arsenal v. Mardrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Is this the same video?

I can't see the video from gamespot
Yes it is.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #18
Rookie

thurstones's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Arsenal vs. Real Madrid - HD Direct Feed

It was good to see a game between two reasonably skilled players but the Real Madrid player kept losing the ball in stupid ways and IMO didn't deserve the win.

I agree with everyone's comments about the passing, still seems extremely accurate off the first touch. I suppose things like this aren't a huge issue considering the strength of the gameplay engine already.

I'm just kind of disappointed with the presentation I guess. I expected more from the presentation side of things. I really wanted to see the end of the terrible low frame rate cutscenes and to get some more continuity. The only good thing I saw in this regard was the rest of the team celebrating when he scored.

The atmosphere was greatly improved in the World cup game from FIFA 10 but it seemed to be a step backwards here (I hope it is better in larger stadia), which brings me to my next point. It's the same old characterless generic stadium, seems they haven't touched the stadiums much this year.

Seeing all the NBA 2k11 announcements this week and how much they have taken their game to the next level has left me very disappointed for FIFA. How can they possibly improve the series so little this year and last year, particularly when Manager mode was so glitchy and light on features last year.

There is just sooo much room for improvement in the modes of FIFA and not enough is being done about it.
Phoenix Suns
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #19
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I am starting to get concerned about the passing. I was expecting a huge improvement on accuracy and power, but there's still quite a lot ping pong going on in this video. I really hope that the final product reflects further tuning because right now it seems very similar to last year. Apart from the signature styles, this is the one area that I was hoping for vast improvements. It was a drag to play the AI in full manual only to have them rocket every pass with the precision of a sniper.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, the problem is not necessarily the pasing.

It is the defending and the fact that attacking players do not run to get open..or "show" for the ball. And if they do, the defenders are not marking correctly. They are essentially "ball watching", and the only way to combat the poor programming from EA, is to manually control every single fricken defender and move them over like a presnap adjustment in Madden.

That's the problem.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #21
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, the problem is not necessarily the pasing.

It is the defending and the fact that attacking players do not run to get open..or "show" for the ball. And if they do, the defenders are not marking correctly. They are essentially "ball watching", and the only way to combat the poor programming from EA, is to manually control every single fricken defender and move them over like a presnap adjustment in Madden.

That's the problem.
I agree. There's something about it that doesn't say "organic" to me. They still haven't captured the feel like PES has. It seems like they have toned down the D to combat the lack of time on the ball, but they still can't seem to nail down player movement in space. Even in the vid, you could see they were purposely trying to create some realistic soccer movement. The off the ball offensive players are still in charge mode, playing fast-break soccer. And now the D is just lazy, not smart.

I'm gonna buy it, per the usual, but wonder how long it'll hold my interest. Hopefully, between last tuning before gold and patches, this game will get smarter, but I'm not holding my breath. And now I have two choices in footie games. Wondering which one will get the major spin time.... Never thought I'd say that.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I agree. There's something about it that doesn't say "organic" to me. They still haven't captured the feel like PES has. It seems like they have toned down the D to combat the lack of time on the ball, but they still can't seem to nail down player movement in space. Even in the vid, you could see they were purposely trying to create some realistic soccer movement. The off the ball offensive players are still in charge mode, playing fast-break soccer. And now the D is just lazy, not smart.

I'm gonna buy it, per the usual, but wonder how long it'll hold my interest. Hopefully, between last tuning before gold and patches, this game will get smarter, but I'm not holding my breath. And now I have two choices in footie games. Wondering which one will get the major spin time.... Never thought I'd say that.....
Definitely enjoying the prospect of having 3 options this year myself.

FIFA 11 PS3, FIFA 11 PC and PES 11 PC/PS3
With that said, FIFA 11 PC seems to be very possible the game this year. The modding capability and gameplay (hopefully) modding will make it a great game.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #23
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely enjoying the prospect of having 3 options this year myself.

FIFA 11 PS3, FIFA 11 PC and PES 11 PC/PS3
With that said, FIFA 11 PC seems to be very possible the game this year. The modding capability and gameplay (hopefully) modding will make it a great game.
Maybe the Sweetpatch PC project will revive. The CEP mod for Fifa07 PC was a blast. Hopefully, now that the PC version is "next-gen," the Fifa modders will really get down and dirty with the gameplay. The pPC version might not have Personality Plus, but it should be able to be modded to play smarter/tactical. That's all Fifa is missing for me. Sim-style gameplay. I don't need 8 goals, just one really good one that I earned.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Sweetpatch! That takes me back to 2001

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »