Home

NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation

This is a discussion on NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 11 HUT Producer Blog: Rammer Building a Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
At first I felt this game mode sounded cheesy, but after trying the demo out, I just love it. It reminds me of the years before online BAP and VS games, where you built teams with trades with your friends and played against eachother, traded more and such to build a perfect team. It was super awesome and fun. And when BAP and online ranked VS games came, it kind of became the modes you only played. 2Ks online leagues were fun, but not many actually went thru on trades.

This will be superawesome, and I think I will play this more than BAP and way more than ranked VS games.
To be clear, you can't play friends in HUT. You can only play randoms or the CPU. I've heard that in Madden, guys got pretty good at connecting at the same moment and meeting up, but that it might take several tries.

Honestly, just the ability to play friends, even if earning pucks was disabled for those games, would make the mode tolerable. comparing teams with friends and playing would be fun. But there is no real good way to use HUT as a shared experience.

Also, I agree with you about the drafting being a fun way to play pick-up games online with friends. It's one of the things that made APFB 2K8 so much fun.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 14
I want Be a GM news!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Were waitin on Qb for his GM write up. I'm just curious if his write up will be about the retail version, or if it will be about the community event version.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Were waitin on Qb for his GM write up. I'm just curious if his write up will be about the retail version, or if it will be about the community event version.
I'd imagine retail since the CD guys got retail copies already. QB's slacking a bit though its understandable in that he moved to a new place, I know how hectic that can be.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
We are restricted to what we saw at the community event until 9/7. The good news is I saw just about everything there is to see in terms of BAGM features/additions. The bad news is I didn't have the time to do much simming at the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
QB's slacking a bit though its understandable in that he moved to a new place, I know how hectic that can be.
Yeah, the move screwed my schedule up big time. So did waking up with a stomach bug Sunday morning (which set the moving back and so on). And trying to do important OS stuff at work is tough. If I could only get a solid hour or two to crank it out, I'd be done. But no one here (at work) seems to understand my predicament...

Last edited by Qb; 09-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
We are restricted to what we saw at the community event until 9/7. The good news is I saw just about everything there is to see in terms of BAGM features/additions. The bad news is I didn't have the time to do much simming at the event.

Yeah, the move screwed my schedule up big time. So did waking up with a stomach bug Sunday morning (which set the moving back and so on). And trying to do important OS stuff at work is tough. If I could only get a solid hour or two to crank it out, I'd be done. But no one here (at work) seems to understand my predicament...
Wow thats the latest embargo date yet, on release day and you can't talk about the retail build? Might as well just wait til everyone has their copy on the 7th and starts posting impressions at that rate. Really odd that they would do that.

I hear ya, I just moved myself a few months ago, wasn't much fun. Hope you feel better quick Steve.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Wow thats the latest embargo date yet, on release day and you can't talk about the retail build? Might as well just wait til everyone has their copy on the 7th and starts posting impressions at that rate. Really odd that they would do that.
I agree. No idea why they made it the same day the game comes out.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Considering how far along the game modes probably were... I trust that he has a lot to say about BeAGM, so at any rate, it would be nice to hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »