Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Matchups Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Matchups Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Matchups Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
1 positive..... EA sports makes a really really good menu hub.

1 negative.... how is a guy who is rated 70 overall suppose to outperform someone like Kevin Durant? Thats like telling Mickael Pietrius to outplay Dwyane Wade. I think that should be more realistic. This is sounding like it's a game mode all about getting great individual numbers more than it is about teamplay. How does "Your Legend" uproot B. Roy from the starting rotation???

On the other hand the menu system is really nice.....

i'm sure they dont expect you to do it every game. it sounds like you just get a bonus if you do. it's not out of the question that somebody like pietrus could occasionally play like a star
Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
That will definitely ruin my experience. Players like Kobe, Durant, and other star players are star players for a reason. Day in and day out, those type of guys work on being the best on the court at all times. There is no why a guy like me should be able to out perform them. I'm calling this a gimmick.
I don't back down or get intimidated by great players...if Kobe is great, I'll just become even better...watch out bustas!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
That will definitely ruin my experience. Players like Kobe, Durant, and other star players are star players for a reason. Day in and day out, those type of guys work on being the best on the court at all times. There is no why a guy like me should be able to out perform them. I'm calling this a gimmick.
You gotta start somewhere. I remember Kobe air-balling 3's early in his career. With that mental u guys have, u shouldn't even play. The whole point is to try. So what if someone is better than u skill wise. Its about heart. All these guys in the NBA are good. What sets apart Kobe from V.Cater is his mental. Yeah my created character wont be good at first but, I'm going to set him up for easy buckets. Hard work pays off.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
You gotta start somewhere. I remember Kobe air-balling 3's early in his career. With that mental u guys have, u shouldn't even play. The whole point is to try. So what if someone is better than u skill wise. Its about heart. All these guys in the NBA are good. What sets apart Kobe from V.Cater is his mental. Yeah my created character wont be good at first but, I'm going to set him up for easy buckets. Hard work pays off.
Totally...you guys need to work on your mental...
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Elite 11: Exclusive Matchups Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The first gameplay clip in this at about :40 - the jumpshot arch and net animations are waaaaay better than the Knicks/Bucks and Pistons/Thunder videos. Visuals looked better too thanks to the higher quality of the video..

And I couldn't understand a word Gerald Wallace said.
+ 1 Jumpshot looks very fluid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Jumpshots are inconsistent and it's because of the signature shots. The Wilson Chandler jumpshot looked good in the gameplay video, Durant and Villanueva's look decent. Most of the others just look odd.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #23
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportsGamer
the gameplay looks slightly more simalar to live 10....unfortunately i think its the camera view

and select moments

i cant help but get the feeling...that whole matchup thing is just an EA numbers game built off stats...not a real feature in itself to be making a whole video about.

this game look svery light...on its offerings compared to what ive seen from the other title...

im gonna rent it anyways since i always have to see for myself...

but to be honest the whole stagnant jersey hunched body stiff animated look of an EA bball title is started to grow old to me

im NO Physics professor....but when i hear the term "Real Time Physics" i expected alot more than this...

the biggest let down was seeing it in motion..
What cause it dont offer jordan mode, your own shoe, and interviews. Those things will get old in the game. You can only play so many games of the jordan challenge. Things like the matchups keeps that mode competitive. So you are not just playing it from one season to another with just goals to reach. It really makes you play hard each game depending on the difficulty.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2084
I agree to this whole post including the Gerald Wallace part
he said something about defense and dominating someone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »