Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
Rookie

thurstones's Arena

OVR: 3
I think these players would benefit from learning some strategy and tactics before switching to all manual.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #10
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyisugLy
More proof that EA do not understand football at all. As usual, FIFA is all flash and sizzle, no substance. Where is the midfield play? Build up play? It's all just counter-attacking, tricks and holding the sprint button as the easiest way to score.

Hopefully PES is back on track, or it'll be no football game for me this year.
I'll be the first to admit to being a soccer noob, but I thought it looked pretty good save for the up-down pacing. Fill me in please. What was I not seeing?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #11
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
It looked like first touches were a bit more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I just hope that while playing the computer in manual that they abide by similar rules instead of the magical magnetism they have towards the ball in previous games. I don't expect them to botch passes constantly, but it would be nice to see that not every pass is perfectly placed into the feet of the receiver. Also, it would be nice to see AI controlled players adjust their position for passes instead of just standing where the ball is supposed to arrive. I guess I'll find out for myself very soon.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyisugLy
More proof that EA do not understand football at all. As usual, FIFA is all flash and sizzle, no substance. Where is the midfield play? Build up play? It's all just counter-attacking, tricks and holding the sprint button as the easiest way to score.

Hopefully PES is back on track, or it'll be no football game for me this year.
I agree, however bear in mind that this video wasn't against the CPU.

One on one matches between human opponents usually degenerate into similar contests, but we'll see.

I'm a bit worried, because I've heard Pro Evo isn't that good this year. However after seeing this video I am encouraged by FIFA somewhat.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I'll be the first to admit to being a soccer noob, but I thought it looked pretty good save for the up-down pacing. Fill me in please. What was I not seeing?
Traditionally, FIFA doesn't have a great deal of midfield play. Usually, teams will try to build their attacks from just inside their opponent's half, looking for an opening. Or, they will try to play it into their strikers who will try to bring more players into play by holding the ball and waiting for support.

Hopefully, since they have said that 'X' tackling is less effective, that we can have more scrappy and closely contested games instead of basketball-like encounters.

This sort of play does occur quite regularly in real football, but the majority of games are a lot more midfield-based.

One of the best parts of playing Pro Evo is to have a full-blooded game with a mate where every ball is fought for, and yet you look up at the clock, and after 60 mins it's 0-0.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking FIFA more and more every year, but it's the same little things, such as the shooting, tackling and one on ones that stop me from playing it for an extended period.

Last edited by woody2goody; 09-06-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #15
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I just hope that while playing the computer in manual that they abide by similar rules instead of the magical magnetism they have towards the ball in previous games. I don't expect them to botch passes constantly, but it would be nice to see that not every pass is perfectly placed into the feet of the receiver. Also, it would be nice to see AI controlled players adjust their position for passes instead of just standing where the ball is supposed to arrive. I guess I'll find out for myself very soon.
Agreed. I've never really seen a great deal of CPU error in any football game before. Even simple overhit long balls, and the occasional bad short pass would adda lot of realism, because let's face it, we all do the same at least a couple of times in a game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 19
Looks like they tweaked the locomotion, the dribbling, the passing, and the ball physics. That video made me look closely at the footwork. A bit more realistic, maybe? The graphical tweaks are nice, too. I am ready for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »