Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyisugLy
More proof that EA do not understand football at all. As usual, FIFA is all flash and sizzle, no substance. Where is the midfield play? Build up play? It's all just counter-attacking, tricks and holding the sprint button as the easiest way to score.

Hopefully PES is back on track, or it'll be no football game for me this year.
Shouldn't bring such negativity to the football forum. Save it for the madden forum. The game looks solid and it looks like they are improving. Some of the passes I agree are very unrealistic. But I don't understand what looks so bad for a video game. I could understand that if it was real life and some of the stuff happened I would be upset. But again it is a video game and these developers work their arse's off mate. Give them some credit rather than attack them.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
The defenders just passively guard space, making it too easy for attackers to make dangerous runs. In a real football / soccer match, defenders will get into the attackers space and press hard on the man with the ball to force them back, how often do you see a backwards pass in a game of FIFA? You cerainly can play proper football if you like, but most people do not because there it's easier to score just running at the defenders and playing a through ball to your main striker.

With the midfield play, guys like Xavi and Iniesta are useless in FIFA 11. You don't need a midfielder who can retain possession of the ball, because 11 is all counter attacking. Quite often the ball goes straight from defender to striker who sprints towards the goal, does a trick and has a shot. Xavi may be the most important player for Spain and Barcelona, but in FIFA games, he is a ghost.

In general, the pace is too high, attacking is too easy and defenders are too passive.
Have you played it?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #19
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
The defenders just passively guard space, making it too easy for attackers to make dangerous runs. In a real football / soccer match, defenders will get into the attackers space and press hard on the man with the ball to force them back, how often do you see a backwards pass in a game of FIFA? You cerainly can play proper football if you like, but most people do not because there it's easier to score just running at the defenders and playing a through ball to your main striker.

With the midfield play, guys like Xavi and Iniesta are useless in FIFA 11. You don't need a midfielder who can retain possession of the ball, because 11 is all counter attacking. Quite often the ball goes straight from defender to striker who sprints towards the goal, does a trick and has a shot. Xavi may be the most important player for Spain and Barcelona, but in FIFA games, he is a ghost.

In general, the pace is too high, attacking is too easy and defenders are too passive.
Thanks for the lesson guys (you included woody2goody). I think I get the gist.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Best looking video I've seen so far. If it plays like the WC game with a few improvements I'll be happy with that.

This video also shows why ALL MANUAL is the way to go. More organic and definitely more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »