Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Olympique Lyonnais vs. Chelsea

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Olympique Lyonnais vs. Chelsea within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Olympique Lyonnais vs Chelsea

The flow is much better than years past, but it seems a little more hectic. Either the play speed feels too quick or the players are overaggressive and don't seem to fatigue.

Regardless, I'm excited for a demo!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #18
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Olympique Lyonnais vs Chelsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The flow is much better than years past, but it seems a little more hectic. Either the play speed feels too quick or the players are overaggressive and don't seem to fatigue.

Regardless, I'm excited for a demo!
This video does seem faster than the previous Chelsea video that has been posted. I think once we move to manual passing and slow the game down with the speed slider, it will be more authentic.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Video: Olympique Lyonnais vs. Chelsea

i loved that the back 4 held their depth( i know if he was spamming the pressure button) but defensers seemes aggressive....

however........

until they introduce a walk feature for the cpu its pointless for me to play this game. its a race on goal as soon as the cpu gets the ball.

this game in no way represents football IMO. when a LB first pass is to a striker i know its not football...

too much sprinting, counter attacks need to be few and far apart, i want to see more mid fielders hold possesion and advance wayyyy slower with their team as a unit,

i didnt see anything disticnt about the cpu(personalities), about the 4:05 mark the cpu in the box how about passing it back out the box reposition and get it backbut no we get the infamous circular dribble until a shot opens up

this is not football

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i loved that the back 4 held their depth( i know if he was spamming the pressure button) but defensers seemes aggressive....

however........

until they introduce a walk feature for the cpu its pointless for me to play this game. its a race on goal as soon as the cpu gets the ball.

this game in no way represents football IMO. when a LB first pass is to a striker i know its not football...

too much sprinting, counter attacks need to be few and far apart, i want to see more mid fielders hold possesion and advance wayyyy slower with their team as a unit,

i didnt see anything disticnt about the cpu(personalities), about the 4:05 mark the cpu in the box how about passing it back out the box reposition and get it backbut no we get the infamous circular dribble until a shot opens up

this is not football
Car - your work with the formation integration for fifa 09/10 was sublime, and needs some praise.

I agree with everything you've said and definitely believe a walk button (or utilization) needs to be inputted. The game of football is a lot more like chess than people think. The problem is the creators also know this is not "attractive" football.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava

however........

this is not football
I agree. Maybe the new fatigue implementation will help curb this but I think it's an issue with game design. Honestly, aside from some new animations (1st touches mainly) the game looks eerily similar to WC.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »