Home

NHL 11 Review

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Review within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Obviously most reviewers aren't playing this game that thoroughly in BAGM mode. The mode is rendered completely useless IMO thanks to totally random team records(again), bogus cpu sim stats, and players that never get injured or fatigued, thus playing every single game(this contributes to the poor sim stats). Adding to the chaos is the fact that the CPU sim teams rack up almost no penalty minutes in BAGM mode. I'll agree that the gameplay is tremendous, but BAGM is severely lacking for the reasons I mentioned and only the Gameshark review bothered to mention these problems.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
if madden got a 9 then this game needs a 14
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Obviously most reviewers aren't playing this game that thoroughly in BAGM mode. The mode is rendered completely useless IMO thanks to totally random team records(again), bogus cpu sim stats, and players that never get injured or fatigued, thus playing every single game(this contributes to the poor sim stats). Adding to the chaos is the fact that the CPU sim teams rack up almost no penalty minutes in BAGM mode. I'll agree that the gameplay is tremendous, but BAGM is severely lacking for the reasons I mentioned and only the Gameshark review bothered to mention these problems.
Although I love the game, but your points Bud, about the GM mode are hard to argue.

It would be great if with the coming patch to fix the star players being stuck in the AHL...if they went further and patched up some of the other issues that you mentioned.

If the GM mode was as sturdy and strong as the game play, imo...you'd be looking at a near perfect game. Again, only my opinion.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #20
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
The team records aren't and never have been random--they're just very heavily reliant upon goaltending, which is why you'd see the Red Wings miss the playoffs every year in NHL 10.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #21
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
if madden got a 9 then this game needs a 14
I agree Maniac.

Of course no game is perfect. But imo...there's just no comparison between the two games, game play.

Again, jmo...but I believe NHL does a much better job at mimicking it's sport than Madden does. I think Madden's a decent game...but NHL is just unreal good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone know if this game has multi-player franchise or dynasty mode this year
Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree Maniac.

Of course no game is perfect. But imo...there's just no comparison between the two games, game play.

Again, jmo...but I believe NHL does a much better job at mimicking it's sport than Madden does. I think Madden's a decent game...but NHL is just unreal good.
I think that 50% of scores on reviews of sports games are for gimmicks. No gimmicks like "Gameflow" added? Subtract 100 points. Improve everything? Add 1 point.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 14
Surprisingly good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »