Home

NHL 2K11 (Wii) Review

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11 (Wii) Review within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 2K11 (Wii) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
as someone who has owned and played every 2k hockey game since 2k3, i 100% agree with this review. That says something.
Stick a fork in in, sadly 2k hockey is prolly heading out to pasture.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

As much as I liked the 2k series in years past it is clearly over. I just don't be loyal for the sake of loyalty if their is a better product I'll play that . EA did the right thing by making slapshot more for kids and casuals as that is the main audience for the wii. Once the sales numbers are out for 2k11 on the wii they'll probably fold their tents and call it a day. It's a shame a once superior product is now a shell of it's self.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
As much as I liked the 2k series in years past it is clearly over. I just don't be loyal for the sake of loyalty if their is a better product I'll play that . EA did the right thing by making slapshot more for kids and casuals as that is the main audience for the wii. Once the sales numbers are out for 2k11 on the wii they'll probably fold their tents and call it a day. It's a shame a once superior product is now a shell of it's self.
I agree.

The one silver lining is that, from what I'm told, there isn't a huge difference between 2K10 and 2K11 on the Wii.
If that's true, then it can be because of one of two things:

1. They figured they have no competition so why put a lot of time and resources into a game that has the market to itself.
2. They didn't put a lot of time/resources with the game because most of their team was working on 2K12.

I know #2 is a pipe-dream but I want to believe it.
The 2K series offers a different taste of hockey and it's always good to have different options.

But if sales are bad, then I fully expect 2K to abandon this series. It's a shame. And even though it's only 5 years removed, it's hard for most people to remember that 2K was once the king of the rink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 47

I would like to see that number 2 dream become reality, but I have a bad feeling this game is done. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't take any pleasure in seeing this franchise die and I truly hope that they do make another attempt on the PS3/360. Just because I prefer to play EA's game now doesn't mean I wouldn't get another 2k hockey. They need to add more resources and customer support to start with.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2
It's been 6 months since this game and this review came out and it still baffles me.

"If you are not a fan of spoilers, do not read the rest of this paragraph. (You've now been warned.) For those that stuck around, know that circling the net and then shooting is a guaranteed goal every time." This statement says all you need to know about this review. This is an out and out falsehood. Yes, there is a higher than normal rate of the wraparound working (maybe 33% of the time on default settings), but to state that it "is a guaranteed goal" is an absurd statement. Any critic worth his/her salt knows not to use absolute declarative statements when they can so easily be disproven.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch pale gang
It's been 6 months since this game and this review came out and it still baffles me.

"If you are not a fan of spoilers, do not read the rest of this paragraph. (You've now been warned.) For those that stuck around, know that circling the net and then shooting is a guaranteed goal every time." This statement says all you need to know about this review. This is an out and out falsehood. Yes, there is a higher than normal rate of the wraparound working (maybe 33% of the time on default settings), but to state that it "is a guaranteed goal" is an absurd statement. Any critic worth his/her salt knows not to use absolute declarative statements when they can so easily be disproven.
There are plenty of "money" plays in all sports games, it's just the way it has always been.

I'm with everyone else that I truely hope 2K makes it back for the 360/PS3. I've loved this series for many years now, even in their not so great years. It's nice playing either EA or 2K hockey, they both offer their own style.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »