Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
KO by the back of the head punch... LOL! And man, the announcer was not excited at all..... end sarcasm. Great atmosphere in this game. Awesome looking so far.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
I think EA have gone for a more relaxed attitude to MMA as opposed to ultra realism. For me it will come down to how the ground game works. I hate the ground game on UFC. The controls are awkward. Looking forward to the demo.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 30
Hmm. Didn't like the footage here. I've liked some of the past footage but, eh, demo on the 28th. I hope that HUD can be POOF POOWWWED. Bothers me and I will gladly remove it in the options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 21
Looked cheap from what I saw on the vid... very rock em sock em robotic.
I would to to see the acrobatics of the lower weight classes before passing judgment.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #13

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak_Baki_Hanma
Looked cheap from what I saw on the vid... very rock em sock em robotic.
I would to to see the acrobatics of the lower weight classes before passing judgment.
It did look that way but I also see some options to maneuver and counter. I'm not going to sit there and trade shots. If someone wants to do that..ok..but I will be patient and then spinning back fist to the kisser!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It did look that way but I also see some options to maneuver and counter. I'm not going to sit there and trade shots. If someone wants to do that..ok..but I will be patient and then spinning back fist to the kisser!
I love fighting with Tim Sylvia.. We call him the "Glass Tank" on the Dev Team, for me he is probably the most entertaining heavyweight to play with. He is so big and powerful that you catch people and win or get knocked out (like Sylvia in real life, who has beaten some of the best fighters in the world in flash victories). The thing I love is that people look at him and underestimate him in the game.. Then get ROCKED.

I really can't wait for you guys to get your hands on the game.. Especially if you are a fan of the actual sport. There are no gimmicks in this game, it's about knowing what to do in a real fight, knowing the real risk/reward of every move or angle. What is the right strike at the right time, right defense at the right time, right position in the ring, when strike when to takedown when to pass when to submit. It's not about complicated control schemes and rock paper scissor gimmicks or random dice rolls, it's about YOU doing the right thing (which we don't stop you from doing with poor response or complicated memorization of controls).

I have never been more excited about a game I worked on than I am about this one.

(edit: The flash KO was because Sylvia was caught with a huge overhand right while in the process of winding up a huge opposite hand strike and was hit at almost exactly the most vulnerable moment

also, the Framerate of this video capture/playback is no where near 60, which is what the game runs at, it looks WAY smoother than this

and yes, you can do whatever you want to the HUD, full/dynamic/gone).
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------

Last edited by Anim8or; 09-18-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Anim8or, is there a replay saving system implemented in EA MMA? Will we be able to upload to EA Sports World like most other EA titles? That's one aspect that UFC has completely ignored in their games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I just dont get what everybody is so excited about. The striking looks awkward and almost like they are jumping into their punches. In every video I've seen, there have been constant reversals on the ground which isnt the least bit realistic. Sylvia and Sapp shouldnt be trading reversals like that. I really like the submission system but thats about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »