Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
I really can't stand that punching animation at 49 seconds in. Something about it really annoys the crap out of me. I did like the video for the most part, enjoyed the leg kicks. Foot work is a little better. I'm just hoping this gets decent support from EA and by that I mean that if there are major issues and with EA games lets not kid ourselves even their major sports releases have had some nasty issues. That they'll fix anything reasonable that needs it with a patch. DLC would be nice but I mean with facebuilder we should be able to put anyone in the game we want.

Anim8or can you tell me if you can edit ratings of people already in the game?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

Loving the leg kicks. Now if the ground game is good too, I will be playing this game all the time.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Sylvia vs. Sapp Full Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In every video I've seen, there have been constant reversals on the ground which isnt the least bit realistic. Sylvia and Sapp shouldnt be trading reversals like that. I really like the submission system but thats about it.

There was no trading of reversals in the above video, only Sylvia's one sweep from full guard to half guard at the 1:30 mark. Maybe the reversal fest that was the Overeem vs. Lashley video has conditioned you to see it so?

By the way, in case you missed it, EAMMA Animation Director, Simon Sherr, had this to say regarding reversals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
When new people play the game, it tends to play like people who don't know how to fight. The more experience the gamer has, the more like a real fight the game progresses (and the longer the fights tend to last as players recognize the need to respect the other fighter's skill sets). As you would expect with a simulation that doesn't use a single random number to generate outcomes. Reversal counters are the risk you take when attempting a more aggressive transitions (which the user controlled on the L stick) - so if you don't want someone reversing you, don't attempt an aggressive transition when your opponent has the stamina to defend it.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6
Meh, it looked alright. As long as the online aspect is better then UFC's online (which shouldn't be hard to do, especially since EA is usually good with online) I'll probably buy this.

As another poster said, it looks very much like rock-em sock-em robot type of fighting. Not very "fluid" at all. The commentary is absolutely garbage as well compared to UFC.

We'll just have to see how this one turns out.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 22
It looks good enough to buy. I will wait for it to go on sale for 39.99 during the Thanksgiving week.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »