Home

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Video: Authentic Improvements Full Match Gameplay

This is a discussion on WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Video: Authentic Improvements Full Match Gameplay within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Video: Authentic Improvements Full Match Gameplay

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Video: Authentic Improvements Full Match Gameplay

Gotta be honest, I liked how it looked. The reversals looked fantastic. I'm pretty pumped about this game for the first time since the 06 iteration.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Video: Authentic Improvements Full Match Gameplay

It looks about the same as the past couple years, but with some nice little touches which was needed. The reversals look a lot better in general. I'm still wondering how the movesets are going to work since this guy did a lot of the same moves over and over again, unless it was just to make sure he got the pin on Jericho.

It was nice seeing how you could put the guy up on the top rope sitting, but not pull off a move right away. So you could smack the guy around before hand.

The hammer throw in the corner was pretty cool and how Jericho didn't just fall back to the mat, but slouched down into the corner.

The reversals were pretty crazy, but hopefully that will make the diehards happy. I personally like to have a bit more domination in beating down the CPU. *chuckles*

Also another nice touch is that you can go into a struggle submission off of blocking a punch or kick. Pretty nifty.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
i like that they have minimal hud now...they still look stiff they really need to work on the transitional animations...some hitchiness in there

they need to take a page from NBA2k11 and try to squash all that hitch...

i wish they had a true broadcast tv style view...i hate that closeup of the ring...im trying to remember a wrestling game from Japan that had the view perfect and some of the most smoothest animations i've seen..
Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

That video makes the game look absolutely horrible. It just looks like a complete reversal fest. There was no flow to the match. Was there any instance where either wrestler pulled off 3 moves in a row? In fact there was only a handful of times where they could even pull off 2 moves in a row.

It was basically one strike or move, reverse, reverse again and uhh reverse again etc....for 7 or 8 minutes and then after doing this countless times one wrestler does 2 moves and gets the pin. This will be exciting for about 2 or 3 hours before the gameplay becomes a complete bore.

I think I'll pass this year unless the sliders can somehow reduce the constant reversals without making it too easy. Based on that video it's not looking good though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9
He's playing on legend, it's almost always been a reversal fest on the harder levels.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

So much of that looked so good. Seemed to flow more like a real match except the ridiculous number of reversals. I wonder if there is a reversal slider?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

Pretty sure the reversal slider has been in before, though I'm not sure how much effect the sliders in SvR have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »