Home

F1 2010 Impressions (PS3, 360, PC)

This is a discussion on F1 2010 Impressions (PS3, 360, PC) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #17
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: F1:2010 Impressions ( PS3,360, PC )

I have more images, but they will take time. I love racing at Monaco.

Edit: lol I have to shrink them, thanks.

I don't have a handle on this game yet. For me it's very difficult (particularly because I'm playing with a 360 controller). The car handling tend to be a tad bit more arcade-y, but not to the point where it's ridiculous. I did have some issues when first playing though, so I had to turn off a bunch of the assists. If you keep them on the game plays by itself.

The game penalizes you hard for cutting curbs or causing accidents. You can't make a maneuver to impede another driver that makes them crash or you'll get penalized. I pulled a Schumacher (I pushed Alonso into the wall at Melbourne) and got a 10 second end of the race penalty.

The game is fun though, I had a blast with the amount of time I had to play it. I do have to pick on the graphics however. The setup I was on wasn't the best (Core 2 Duo E6600, GTX 260, 2GB ram: everything was on high or ultra at a 1920x1080 resolution) but the game is too "yellow" for my taste. I don't know the technical term for it.

About the AI: they can get aggressive at the higher levels. They will get out of your way once you have clearly passed them, but sometimes they will counterattack, try to shove you off the racing line or just plain get in your way. It's a great feeling passing someone on a narrow track; however because the game penalizes you harshly, you have to try and avoid contact. Any contract that causes an accident will get you penalized.

Last edited by Kully; 09-21-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

The yellow haze was brought in one of the reviews. Its only on the PC version, but to be honest, I am not seeing it really.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #19
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

looking forward to trying this out.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

I was going to get this for my PS3 but not sure if i should go for PC now

I have Rig setup that i using for iracing using a Fanatec GTRS. But ive read that the PS3 verison does not support that wheel.

How does the wheel feel in this game? If you played iracing which I would consider to be perfect as to game like NFS **** which is terrible imo.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #21
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Damage: while spectacular, it's unremarkable imo. It takes a bit of a smash to damage anything, but some parts of the car doesn't seem to break. I keep trying to smash my nosecone to no avail lol.

You do have to be careful because damage adversely effects your car. Punctured a tire going off the line and inched my way back to the pits. That felt bad.

Love the heat haze, nice touch.

These images don't show how great the game can look. They were taken on XP with a 1920x1080 resolution, with most settings on high and a couple on ultra. The game should look better on DirectX 11 or whatever version is included with Win 7

Last edited by Kully; 09-21-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Need MORE impressions and pics please!!! So pi$$ed this was not in stores today!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
I was going to get this for my PS3 but not sure if i should go for PC now

I have Rig setup that i using for iracing using a Fanatec GTRS. But ive read that the PS3 verison does not support that wheel.

How does the wheel feel in this game? If you played iracing which I would consider to be perfect as to game like NFS **** which is terrible imo.
I was a member for iRacing for over 6 months, and the wheel to me, feels as good. I also compare it to rFactor, and it feels just as good to me here also. The wheel is extremely responsive, even in some of the more technicals turns. If you have the rig for it, I would highly suggest the PC version over the PS3 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Need MORE impressions and pics please!!! So pi$$ed this was not in stores today!
I just raced Silverstone on Hard( 4 levels of difficulty, hard is the 3rd level ) and I came in 22nd out of 24. I had worked my way up to 13th, but its been awhile since I have turned laps at Silverstone, and it cost me. I did no pratice before hand either.

Little things I noticed this time....

1. Spotter was upset that I was letting certain drivers and cars pass me , as he let me know that I and my car were better then them and theirs.

2. I hit the gravel a couple of times, and whats really cool, is you have to give your tyres a chance to lose all of the gravel particles. It's effects can be felt and seen.

3. I saw plenty of driver mistakes from the AI, but still am very pleased with how they race from venue to venue.

4. In my 1st race I finshed 4th, and they showed me raising my fist and pumping it in the air. I this last race where I finished 22nd, they showed me shaking my head at the end of the race.

5. If you really want to to, you can make this game pretty damn hardcore. You can remove all of the assist, drive lines, maps.....but if you do this, you better have some practice time put in at each lap.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Blue, thank you so much for the impressions and please keep them coming. Have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and Thursday so the impressions will keep me going till Friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »