Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
This looks awesome, definitely looks better than the other game. However I dont like how they move so fast, but everything else looks great.
I agree. It crazy fast. That said this is the first video of MMA that I've been really impressed by. Look forward to the demo.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
Rookie

milin's Arena

OVR: 2
Also I forgot to say that the only think I didn't like is the slide forward when striking from a distance. Other than that, I'm really pumped up for this.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Very impressed by this video. Looks good.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Jacare Vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester)

1. Can we check leg kicks ? - Yes, the basic block looks like a check, but the parry is a more powerful "active" check (like cranking your shin into your opponent's calf or hooking his leg to throw him off balance)

2. If landed enough, can a fight be stopped via TKO from leg kicks ? Kind of how Crocop use to do guys in Pride ?
No, we don't have the ref stop the fight (I think there would be an exploit there), but if your legs are gone you probably won't survive long, you really get to a point where you can barely move.

3. Can you slam escape out of certain submissions like triangles and arm bars ?
-sort of. The escapes for certain submissions (like triangle) is a slam, and the denial for some, is a slam, but it's context sensitive not something you decide to do manually.

4. Is the standing kimura submission in the game ?
-No, I haven't seen fights end with that submission. I am sure it's happened at some point but it wasn't common enough to add (at least on this first iteration).

5. Can use the kimura from the bottom as a sweep move ? Speaking of sweep moves, are there sweep moves from the bottom ? Lets say you have a butterfly guard, can you use it to sweep the guy that is on top of you ?
-There are sweep moves in the game, but like real life (at least with someone who as trained) to get a sweep your opponent has to be doing something wrong, so since we didn't want the game to become a "Sweep fest" we used sweeps as "counters" in order to balance the risk of aggressive transition attempts (like trying to move from half guard to straight to mount).
-I like doing the Kimura sweep from full guard in real life it's actually probably the easiest sweep to do against guys who don't know any jujitsu, but it's taught so early in BJJ that everyone sees it coming these days, and if he sees it coming you are basically setting up an arm triangle for him when you let him get his head under your arm (and these days arm triangles are pretty common, so you put a guys head in your armpit to free your arm to lock the Kimura in, and he is going to just say "OK" and as soon as you lock your elbow around his head in that direction he'll free up his wrist lock it around your neck, use the leverage you are applying to sweep him to swing out into side control and choke you out)... It was talked about and debated on the team, but in the end the jujitsu guys sorta said "no one tries it anymore, it's too risky". It's totally debatable though, because it is such a basic BJJ sweep.
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------
Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Very Nice man, this game is looking great. Before, I only had my eyes set on NBA 2K11....but now i cant wait for this game!!!
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
can u download created players like on fight night
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy91
can u download created players like on fight night
Yep, it has "Fighter Share."

Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
Rookie

SgtDillznick's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's something:

At 10:07 in the video... is that Miller blocking a kimura attempt?

The game looks like it's going to atone for my day 1 purchase of UFC 2010. It looks like so much fun. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »