Home

Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 Video: Circuit de la Sarthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
Well, to me there are few differences. GTs color looks fake, trees bright green, etc. But the huge difference is the FORZA actually gets released and I have been playing it for a year now! Forza 4 will be here before gt is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
But you must admit it is beyond absurd what they have put us through. I went out and bought a g25 wheel for the basis alone of playing GT, and while I have had fun with the other racing ames, and soon f1, GT keeps on getting delayed. I have the ps3 for 2 games, the show and GT, but now all i have is the show as GT Prologues fun lasted a week or so. I cant wait for GT, and the game does look great, but the wait has diminished my anticipation to a degree im no longer counting on the upcoming release. And when he said they have already begun working on GT6 it blew my mind, as we are still a long time from gt 5 coming out. Forza has been every inch as good as GT and with 1/6th the wait time.
What are you talking about? GT5 comes out November, 2nd...

As for the people who are talking about the long development time, just look at all the features that will be in GT5. When GT5 comes it will be one of the most feature-rich games on the market. Yeah, it has been frustrating at times waiting on GT5. But come November, 2nd, I'm confident the wait will have been worth it.

Also, you have to realize that Gran Turismo is Sony's highest selling franchise of all-time (over 55 million copies sold). GT5:Prologue sold over 4 million copies alone....And it had 5 tracks & 70 cars. Meaning GT5 is VERY important to Sony. So they want the game done right. GT5 in its current state would not be possible without a long development cycle.

As for the video, I think it's ridiculous. Wait 'til November to make a comparison between the two games.

Last edited by CarolinaBlue704; 09-20-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #18
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

We've all seen the high def pics of what this game will look like when it's on our TVs. I can't believe this is being argued based on a ****ty youtube video, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #19
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue704
What are you talking about? GT5 comes out November, 2nd...
Kazunori Yamauchi has already stated this is not a definite release date. But thats beside the point. The point of this discussion, and I got off track, was GT vs Forza. Forza has proven its every bit as capable as GT, and the racing mechanics have been better then GT, maybe not driving mechanics, but racing. Car collecting is much better in GT, but most prefer racing vs collecting. All I can compare is GT Prol., which was lifeless, so we can only make comparisons when GT comes out. A youtube video is too hard to tell.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #20
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Forza 3 using adjusted (maybe 90°) cockpit view. Default is much closer to GT5.

Both in-car views are put to shame by NFS Shift, DiRT and GRID.

Forza colors look under saturated while GT5s over saturated.

Forza has a green suggested line; GT5 has a blue one.

Both titles seem to feature very non-bumpy tracks.

Based on how he weaves through traffic GT5 is set to easy/no sim/no damage?

One works on the 360; one on the PS3.

In the end is there really much difference. Two clinical sim engines trapped in a collect-a-car, hot-lap, arcade-ladder game with AI set to sleep walk. Sure, one may have night and rain and one may have a big MS Paint swap shop but both lack a real race pedigree.
Got to agree with the bold strongly. I may even put pgr3/4 cockpits ahead of both as well.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #21
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Okay after today, I realized that none of the videos are being honest with people...

If you have a local Best Buy in your area...go play the demo....that's all I got to say about it.....So disappointed....

Just go play the actual demo...because screenshots and mocked up videos of how this game looks during actual gameplay are just misleading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Okay after today, I realized that none of the videos are being honest with people...

If you have a local Best Buy in your area...go play the demo....that's all I got to say about it.....So disappointed....

Just go play the actual demo...because screenshots and mocked up videos of how this game looks during actual gameplay are just misleading.
Man you can't just leave it to that. You gotta lay it out there for the people. What's going on with the game?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #23
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

So, it doesn't look as good as the super-sampled PR shots or trailers outside of replays and photo mode? While GT has been one of the worst offenders the games still look really great. This isn't exclusive to the series either, you see it a lot, especially this generation with shots sporting AA levels that are well beyond the capabilities of the consoles.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #24
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Man you can't just leave it to that. You gotta lay it out there for the people. What's going on with the game?
It's just not as it appears! I even went into the settings of the console just to make sure the demo machine wasn't downgrading the visuals and they are set right. Game just doesn't look anything like the mock ups. They must have taken all those screens from a souped up developer PC.

Because once it made it to the console it's downgraded quite remarkably. It doesn't look any better than Forza and the environments look like 2D polygons mixed with 3D car models. Car details are remarkable, and shine and reflect somewhat, but the physics in them are somewhat broken.

Guys just go to a Best Buy and hit up the demo!!! I don't want to say much more without knocking the game. I'm still buying regardless, because I own all GT games, even that terrible Prologue version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »