Home

EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
dude i feel like im in a real mma fight fighting on legend im getting smashed by overeem
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
Second fight same two fighters. Sprawling is too easy in my opinion on Legend, it's pretty much as simple as if you hit the button anywhere near the right time you defend it. Lashley took me down 11 times in this fight...but I stopped 18 of his takedowns. Stamina is well done, even though I defended a lot of takedowns I spent the majority of the fight on the bottom and by the end of the second round my stamina was only refilling up halfway.

I kept trying to throw up submissions but with my stamina drained I couldn't really do much with it. It gave you the sense of a real fight when a guy keeps trying for them but just doesn't have the energy to finish. Hard to really get a feel for the striking when 3 of the 4 guys in the demo are ground guys. So I can't really open up because I'll get taken down.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9
Just stopped Overeem on legend, caught him with a punch early and rocked him and was able to finish him in the button pressing stamina game thingy majig...that's the official name I think too. Call me crazy but I switched to classic controls. I felt like I had a lot more control over what I was doing in the standup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports MMA Demo Available For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Impressions Here

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going pre-order today after work. This is the game I been waiting for. EVERYTHING about the game is fantastic.

1) Controls - The controls are done so great. Everything is in a perfect spot. Having sprawl, pass, sub, and defend on the buttons is soooo great. Once I get UFC 2010 controls out my head I will be great lol. As of now, I keep trying to defend the take down by flicking the right stick back.

2) Graphics - OMG!!!!!!! I had my OOOooooo face on

3) Foot sliding - I don't notice it in the demo, I have never really seen it like others have. But in the demo it never really jumped out to me.

4) Striking - Striking is really tight. The connections look good and the power behind the shots look great. I was landing body kicks that were just rocking people.

5) Submissions - Submission mini games are perfect and involve alot of strategy and a bit of luck.

My overall view from the demo is that this will be a extremely balanced chess match. I am so excited I can't contain myself. I have a MMA game I won't be able to put down. OHHHHHH MAN I can't stop smiling with joy
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
its a sick game..kinda hard bit of a learning curve only played 3 matches all went 5 rounds an to the judges cards an we were both full of blood i lost tho still getting use to it...i find that my stamina goes down faster then the CPU..an the CPU does more stuff an it don't go down at all..an the striking feels a bit slowish in my opinion ..but it is a awesome game
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 33
Only had a quick game as I'm off to work. First impressions is that it looks alot better than UFC. The arenas particularly. Everything feels smooth. Struggled with the controls a bit but that's more down to me than the game. Long term I believe the controls will come more naturally than on UFC. Good stuff.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #15

OVR: 34

I'm very impressed with how stamina is such a big part of this game. I think in boxing, wrestling and MMA, having good stamina and not burning yourself out is so important and this game does a great job of representing that.

The controls are done well. It's not a button mashing competition (as EA mentioned) and if you start mashing your stamina drops so quickly, leaving you very vulnerable. I'm playing on EASY so I can learn the controls, but I had a great sequence of events play out that really left me impressed. I was Miller against Shields and caught him with a spinning back fist which them stunned him. What was so nice was I was able to be aggressive and pursue to finish him off. There wasn't slowdown to where I felt like I was slowly chasing him down. Now I know it played out rather easily so the fight was stopped, but knowing the pursuit flows with the stun is important to me.

I think the demo does a great job of letting you learn and have an idea of how things work. Some things look odd like on a takedown my opponent's head went right through the cage but that's ok for me. There is some sliding but the fighters have weight to their movement...but still are quick. The footwork is ok with me.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

Quick impressions after a ton of matches primarily playing as Overeem vs Lashley

Bull rushing and KOing Lashley with 'Reem via flying knee and punch flurry will never ever get old.

Striking with the stick feels completely unresponsive to me, especially when trying to throw kicks.

It seems a little too easy to get out of side control, I can pretty much get up whenever I want to

I suck at clinching

Best thing I've seen in 3+ hours of playing: Breaking Lashley's Nose with a knee counter on a take down. I landed the knee, rocking him, and from the bottom of his nose to his chin was covered in blood, and i finished the job and KO'd him against the cage.

How do you do leg kicks with the classic controls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »