Home

Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: A Call for Customization within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
We need to make a petition to 2K Sports to bring back the College Hoops series back.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
that would be sick dude. especially if you decide to create all of the college teams. have a tournament and then of course, be able to transport the rosters to the nba 2k game. great idea.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
i say we start a petition for real .. i need college hoop in my life this year .. esp while the Tar Heels brings in the # 1 player in the country and the talent in the sec acc and big east .. its only right to have an update or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
no college hoops is a crime
Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
Rookie

DJDReW3102's Arena

OVR: 7
college hoops 2k8 is/was possibly my favorite sports game ever...shame they cancelled it! bring it back damnit!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 23
I definitely agree. I've been calling for a company to do this with a football game for years. The obvious example to follow is Out Of The Park Baseball. I've beaten that particular dead horse quite a bit on the forums before lol.

What OOTP does is allow you to create a custom league from scratch. Literally anything from 2 to 5000 teams (although good luck getting a 5k team league to run on anything short of a supercomputer lol), in more or less any setup you like. The amount of rules customization is staggering too (although as always the OOTP forums can always find some nit-pick where the defaults are slightly wrong).

I've talked mostly about football before because I know more about it than BBall, but obviously this can be applied to any sport. It would be cool for example to be able to create a universe where there are different leagues (say the NFL, Arena League, UFL) all running at once in the same saved game, as you can in OOTP.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 12
Ah the possiblites. I love this idea because I spend most of my time creating leauges in assocation mode that dont exist. I have been begging for years to be able to create 30 teams instead of 10. That way I can create my own leauge. Also I tend to always try to remove everyone above 26 years of age and above and/or people rated over 73 to create a no name trash leauge. Another little thing I try to do is simulate through about 18 seasons as soon as I get the game to generate an all new nba experince. I cant explain how gratifiying it is to see Fesnko average Norwitzki numbers amazing!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 12
As for 2k8 I still play my dynasty as much as any new release I'm playing now if not more.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »