Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots, World Premiere Trailer on Sunday

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots, World Premiere Trailer on Sunday within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots, World Premiere Trailer on Sunday

We were just sent this official NASCAR The Game 2011 press release. You can check out some of the screenshots right here.

Quote:
"Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game. From the 22 real world tracks to full pit stop strategy action, NASCAR The Game 2011 captures the real atmosphere, sense of speed and spectacle that embodies NASCAR. Players can even feel the thrill of a win with the interactive celebration mode.
The game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online. In both online and offline races, players earn NASCAR experience points which help unlock rewards such as decal packs or special car designs, as well as career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. Everything you do on the track counts!"
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots

Quote:
Tune in to NASCAR RaceDay on SPEED at 10am EST Sunday October 3 for world premiere of the first official NASCAR The Game 2011 trailer.
Figures. I'm going to be AT the race.. which means no RaceDay on SPEED for me.

I'm sure it'll pop up online by the time I get home!

NOTE: One thing I did think about after looking at the screenshots.. Is there any chance that when Gran Turismo 5 got the rights to use Chevrolet in their game (for the NASCAR side of the game), that it will keep the Chevrolet name from being used in this game? Or is it just a coincidence that the first screens are just Toyota and Ford?

Last edited by beau21; 09-30-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I see an ESPN on ABC logo....so maybe they have ESPN presentation????
Old 09-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots, World Premiere Trailer on Sun

Between the interviews and screenies Steve's brought us.....wow.

I'm TRYING to not get my hopes up. It's almost moving into the 'too-good--to-be-true' territory of can they REALLY get all this stuff in to the game they are touting, with full field, and (god, hopefully) at least a SOLID 30fps frame rate? (no mention of frame rates in interviews thus far...I'm sure that's not till after the New Year that we hear about that in any detail).

If they can actually pull this game off as described so far, I may never leave the house after it drops in February. I will force myself to retain SOME skepticism till we start getting hands-on reports in another month or two LOL.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Hokie20's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
One thing I did think about after looking at the screenshots.. Is there any chance that when Gran Turismo 5 got the rights to use Chevrolet in their game (for the NASCAR side of the game), that it will keep the Chevrolet name from being used in this game? Or is it just a coincidence that the first screens are just Toyota and Ford?
Chevy's in there per the Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton screenies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
NASCAR Fans rejoice!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Press Release and Screenshots, World Premiere Trailer on Sun

I need to go change my pants..
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
"Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game. From the 22 real world tracks to full pit stop strategy action, NASCAR The Game 2011 captures the real atmosphere, sense of speed and spectacle that embodies NASCAR. Players can even feel the thrill of a win with the interactive celebration mode.
The game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online. In both online and offline races, players earn NASCAR experience points which help unlock rewards such as decal packs or special car designs, as well as career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. Everything you do on the track counts!"
Full pit stop strategy action - quite interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »